Chapter 1

"This is worse than I thought," Natasha said as she sunk down into the couch inside Pepper Potts' office.

Pepper Potts was the CEO of Stark Industries and fiancee of Tony Stark. She was a tall and beautiful woman with strawberry blonde hair. She had dated Tony for three years before he popped the question while they were on a vacation in St. Tropez during Christmas last year. Natasha saw this one coming though even Tony was a notorious playboy who changed his lover every other week. But with Pepper, he was like a devoted little puppy dog and she was the only person in Tony's life who could keep Tony in check.

Pepper Potts first got her job as Tony Stark's secretary but her degrees in Business Management and her brilliant ideas for business opportunities proved that she was worth more than her position as a secretary. She was the one Tony sought advice from and he trusted her judgment more than anyone else's. As she rose in rank, she quickly earned Tony's heart.

Once Pepper had reached the position of Marketing Director, she introduced Natasha to Tony, who quickly offered her a job at Stark Industries as a member of the legal team. It helped that Natasha was also Pepper's best friend.

Natasha Romanoff, the beautiful redhead with stunning green eyes, was Pepper Potts roommate while she was in college. She had been working for four years now and witnessed the love of this power couple. She immediately said yes when Pepper asked her to be the maid of honor.

The 'Yes' that brought Natasha to this position, to this very moment, the very rollercoaster moment of her life.

"Believe me, Tony can be a real diva," Pepper said as she got up from her chair to sit with her friend.

"He turned down another bakery," the redhead shook her head. "I don't think I can find another good bakery that has enough patience for Tony Stark."

"Well, on the bright side, we have six more months to find the right bakery for him and this time, I will have a final word," Pepper promised.

"I can't believe that you're gonna marry this guy." Nat joked.

"Yeah, me neither,"

They laughed together at that but they both knew why. Pepper and Tony had been through alot together. From one crisis to another, they stood by each other's side. From Obadiah Stane's betrayal, the one that crippled the whole company, to Ivan Vanko's crisis, the personal vendetta from the rival family, to Aldrich Killian's vengeance. Pepper stood by his side and gave him support and guidance when someone else turned their back on him. Tony was hopelessly falling in love with her.

"You will be fine, Pepper. He loves you so much."

"I know." Pepper smiled fondly when she thought about her fiancé. "Anyway, how are you going to find a new bakery?"

"I will find something," Nat replied. "Maria will drop by later to help me with that. She just came back from Paris last night."

"When was the last time we had a full table like this?"

"About two months? Maria has been in Europe for her photoshoot the whole time."

Maria Hill was a supermodel. They met during college and she lived next door in the dormitory. She was a beautiful brunette with a tall, lean body and a stunning blue eyes. A model agency discovered her during sophomore year and landing her on Teen Vogue since her first audition. Even she had a career on the rise, Maria insisted on getting her degree in Fashion design.

Her work required her to travel a lot but when she heard about the wedding, she cleared the schedule for her best friend so that she could have two weeks off to stay in New York with her friends each month and help out with the wedding. Unfortunately, her last project had pulled her away from the wedding, (well, she couldn't say no when it came to joining Anna Wintour on the September issue). Between the outfitting and photoshoot, it had taken her two months to finish up in Paris.