Chapter 2

Steve Rogers' life was pretty simple and peaceful. He worked with his mom in their small bakery shop in Brooklyn. Even their shop was small, it was very well known to the locals in the area. Sarah Rogers, his mother, had worked in this place her entire life and you could say that this place was the legacy of their family. His mother's side of the family had established it over a hundred years before.

Steve's entire life was in New York. He grew up in the neighborhood with his two best friends, Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson. They had gone to the same school, forming a tight group, protecting everyone from bullies and eventually becoming everyone's favorite boys for both students and teachers. They were popular not only because of what they did to protect other people but also because of their positions on the football team. Steve was the tight end and the team captain, Bucky was the wide receiver, and Sam was the running back. (Steve had lost the quarterback position to Brock Rumlow- the coach said the his speed, agility, and body size were better for the tight end position.)

Steve really didn't mind what position he ended up with because Bucky and Sam were the ones who had convinced him to join the team in the first place, (he'd said that he wanted to join the art club more than sport teams).

The boys helped Sarah at the bakery shop after school and also during the weekend. Bucky was the delivery boy and packing master. (Bucky would have loved to help in the kitchen but he tended to burn or set most things on fire). Sam also worked as a delivery boy but he had learned how to make bread and was really good at it. He created a special bread for each day called "The Wilson Special", which was so good that each day, a line formed outside every morning.

Steve had followed his mother's footsteps since he was just a little boy. He grew up seeing her working happily in this place. Sarah taught him how everything in the kitchen worked as well as how to make every dessert known to man. By junior high, Steve had mastered most things and he'd been given the chance to use his creative skills in the cake frosting and decorating process. By high school, Steve was helping his mother handle almost everything.

Steve's creativity also brought recognition to the bakery, even winning a competition. Local people of Brooklyn came to their shop and asked the Rogers' to make their wedding cakes. The boys were smart, building connections in catering and wedding planning business.

Sam and Bucky also helped bring the bakery to the social media world. Bucky was the technical expert and Sam was very creative with wording. Steve, on the other hand, only had a Facebook account (which he rarely used), and an Instagram account (which he'd created when he was dating Sharon, the woman who was a regular and she lived a couple blocks away). He focused his photography skills and artistry on creating lovely graphics that attracted people to their shop.

Since the engagement and awareness on social media with younger people increased, new faces showed up at their door and mostly were girls. Bucky deliberately posted pictures of the boys on the bakery's Facebook page, (and mostly photos of Steve). They gained a lot of attention and were dubbed "The hottest bakery boys of Brooklyn".

"I'm not sure how this will help," Steve said, in total disagreement when Bucky posted the picture of Steve shirtless.
"Of course it will help us," Bucky insisted. "You don't notice how female customers have increased since I posted the picture of us three?"
"Hell, I noticed it. It's getting awkward every time they come in and try to have a conversation with me," Steve frowned. "I want people to notice my works and the taste of my cake, not my body or my face."
"Yeah, but you are the thing that draws people in to taste the cake." Sam countered.

Steve knew he couldn't do anything when his best friends tagged team like this. He guessed he just had to suck it up and accept the fact that this helped bring more customers to the shop and it made his mother happy.