Chapter twenty-six

Jessica and Erin helped me walk into the hospital. As we walked in, I was greeted by my doctor.
"Evelin. What are you doing here? You're not due for the next two months?", she told me.
"Same here. But I don't know if it was my water or something but looks like he wants to come now.", I said.
"Oh goodness. Hey! Can we get a wheel chair over here?", she yelled. Soon someone came in and I was sat carefully into the chair. Then another regular nurse came in.
"Evelin, whatcha doing here and where's that hunk of a man of yours?", she asked. I chuckled.
"Oh. Mike is right.....", I looked back and he wasn't there. Neither the boys or Danielle. Erin walked over to the doors.
"Oh my god. Come quick.", she said. Jessica pushed me to the door and we gasped. A police officer was talking to the boys as Danielle was put in the police car by another.
"Woah woah woah. What is going on? Why is Danielle in there?", I said as we went outside.
"They are taking Danielle for reckless driving.", Tony said. Everyone started to shout.
"Hey! Hey! Hey! It's against the law and she has to go. I'm sorry.", the officer said. Everyone shouted again.
"Officer please. Please let her go. She was only getting me to the hospital. My water broke and it's my first child. She was only trying to get me here as soon as possible."  I told him. The officer looked at me and then back at Danielle who was getting lick by the dog in the back seat. He sighed.
"Please officer. I... Can't.... Do... This... Without her.", I said as I took deep breath for a another contraction hit me.
He sighed again.
"Ok. She's off with a warning. But please get in there. You're about to burst.", he said. I sighed in relief.
"Thank you so much.", I whispered. They released Danielle and she came up behind.
"Get her in there now.", the cop said. The gang nodded and we went back into the hospital.

I was put into a room and dressed into a hospital gown. Soon I was wired up to machine and put on bed rest. I soon heard my baby's heartbeat next to mine. Mike stood beside me and watched. After the nurse was done hooking me up, she checked to see if the baby was ok.
"Well your water did break but your not fully dilated yet. So no baby anytime soon.", she explained as she took off her glove. I groaned. Mike chuckled at me.
"How long till she actually gives birth?", Mike asked.
"I'm not sure. It could be hours, days, weeks maybe so.", she answered. I groaned again. She chuckled.
"Ok. Well I'll be the regular nurse for you two. So if you need anything just push the button on the remote and I'll be back in a few hours to check on you.", she said.
"Thanks.", Mike said. She gathered up her things and left. I laid into my side and Mike came up behind me. I felt his hand rubbed my belly.
"You feeling ok?", he asked me.
"Contractions are fucking bitches.", I said. He chuckled and kissed my head.
"You're doing so good.", he said. After a few minutes, the door to my room opened and the gang came in with balloons and a teddy bear.
"We were told we could come in. Is everything alright?", Jaime said.
"Yeah. She's fine. She's just going through a contraction right now.", Mike said. I shifted onto my back so I could see them. Danielle came over and kissed my forehead.
"I almost went to jail cause of you.", she told me. I laughed and the groaned.
"It's ok. I sweet talked him out.", I said. She chuckled.
"So is she fully dialed yet?", Jess asked. I shook my head.
"Nope. Not fully. It could be hours, days, or weeks till she actually delivers.", Mike said. Tony sat the stuff down on the table next to me.
"Well, if we are going to be here for a while, might as well go find something to kill time. Who joins?", Jaime said. Tony raised his hand.
"I volunteer as tribute.", he says. I smiled.
"Alright. We'll be right back. Anything mommy could use?", Jaime asked. I looked at him.
"Do you even have to ask?"
He smiled and they both kissed my head before they left.
"Ok. Well me and Jess are gunna go find some coloring books or something. We'll be back.", Danielle said.
"Okay. Don't be reckless.", I said as they stood up. They laughed and left. Erin came up and sat next to me.
"So remember what tomorrow was?", she asked as I made a space for her. I looked at her and then finally got what she was saying.
"Oh my god. Yes. We we're suppose to go look for a place to put up the bakery you wanted to start. Erin I am so sorry. I forgot about that.", I said. She chuckled.
"Don't sweat it. I'm so much more excited about this then about a silly bakery.", she said touching my belly. I smiled.