Episode One - Part Three

I was stirring a patch of mud next to the river, Edward and Alphonse were sparing behind me. I watched as his metal arm and leg hit Al's body of armour. He seemed happy to test out the automail Winery and her grandma had worked out for him. How he was able to sit through the pain with only a few grunts was remarkable. Even my dad was impressed with his durability. The sun was slowly fading out and I noticed the skin around Ed's automail turn red from irritation.

It was killing me to see him like that, it hurt to not even be able to see Al. Both of them looked like strangers, I couldn't take it. The next thing I new I was at home, begging my dad to send me to my aunts. He had asked if I wanted to go there because it was closer to a school where I could learn alchemy like I've been wanting to for some time. So he thought that I should go there for the winter and come back in the summer.

At first he didn't think I meant it and told me to wait three days, If I didn't change my mind he would send me to his sisters.

It was a long three days but my mind didn't change.

The morning of the fourth day, I had packed my stuff. Dad asked me if I had said goodbye to my friends, so I lied and said yes. We still had an hour before the buggy would be ready to leave, so I told my dad I was going to say one last goodbye to Winery. Another lie but it was well worth it.

The sun hadn't come out yet and the water lilies looked so pretty in the fading moonlight. I leaned down and sat on the dew grass next to the river. Plucking four from the patch I started with my normal one. I haven't done a forecast ever since Ed's mother fainted but it felt about time, just one last time.

"Bad day,

"Good day,

"Bad day," I pulled the last petal and smiled. "Good day." I sighed and did the other ones. One for each of my friends I had made, I asked if they would be okay without me of not. The lilies gave me hope on this, I wanted them all to be okay without me. After I was done with Winery's a Alphonse's lilies that said that they would be fine I moved on to Edwards.

For a few moments I just looked at it longingly, I wanted him to miss me. I wanted him to know how stupid I thought he was for doing alchemy that was harmful. Bringing back the dead was wrong, no matter how you put it. I did want him to be okay without me though. So I pulled every petal out loud to make it mean more, I was at the last four.

"He will be okay.

"He won't be okay.

"He will be okay." That last one, the last petal.

It was haunting, taunting me to pull it and realize what I was doing by leaving. Debating on weather or not to pull it, two legs fell to my sides and one metal and flesh arm pulled me into a hug. The metal automail held my hand and the arm pulled the petal for me.

"Not okay, so why are you leaving."

((OH MY GOD! I AM SO SORRY! you can keep reading now.))

It was Ed, not that I couldn't tell by his arms. How long had he been there? I felt my face heat up in both embarrassment and rage. Shoving his arms away from me I scooted away and looked back at him, the sun was coming up behind him. A gold line of light reflected off his automail and was captured into his eyes. His stupid pretty eyes, the ones that matched his silly hair that felt live velvet.

Oh god how can I think of him like that when I'm leaving because I'm mad at him! He grabbed something from behind him and I had nearly cried when I saw what it was.

A flower crown of water lilies.

I fell back my hands now wet from the water, gripping onto the flowers that matched the crown. He came back down to my eye level, what were at this moment closed shut. I didn't want to see him at all, I would melt, I would fall and it would hurt bad to have his eyes as my last memory of here. I felt the crown settle above my brows and Ed's cold and warm hand helping me stand up.

Wrong, it felt wrong, it was not the same as my birthday, as that day. He was still holding tight onto my forearms, I trembled. It was wrong for both the old, warm hand to be on the same boy as the heartless, cold metal hand. It was not the Ed I came to know for these past months.

"You can open your eyes now ya' know?"

He couldn't be so stupid. Yes my eyes did snap open but the burned through the automail. I stood still then suddenly my anger took over and I pushed Ed aside onto the grass.

"Say bye to Alphonse and Winery for me. Goodbye Ed." I shot him a cold glance and stormed away, holding my fist at my sides. I could heard Ed's automail leg buckle under him as he tried to bet up.

"(YN)?" He yelled my name over and over again. This was his and my lesion for each other. My lesion from this is that you can't fall for the stupid cute boy, he will end up hurting himself and you one day. His lesion, I hope, is that you don't go making people be this worried and then go out and practically kill yourself. That you don't go breaking the hearts I your friends. That you should always think before trying to make a bad goodbye even worse.

At this point a tear or two had fell down my cheek. Good thing my dads didn't notice, he was ready to go and was only waiting for me to get on the buggy. I crawled over to the back and sat on my suitcase, looking back at my three friends. I waved to them letting every tear fall but with a smile on my face. Winery didn't hesitate to wave back and she put two hands to cup her words.

"We will miss you!" She shouted, I only heard it faintly. Al was helping Edward stay up but he waved with his free arm and Ed, the same as his brother. I put my hands to my mouth and yelled out to the boy I carelessly tossed.

"I'm sorry Ed!"

"It's okay!" He shouted back, I saw him say something back and Winery laughed I held my hand to my ears but he waved it off blushing. I waved one last time until the three of them came out of view. I slowly pulled my hand down and felt a soft petal brush my skin. Rolling my eyes up I saw a pale pink petal, water lilies, I didn't take of the flower crown. I also noticed I was wearing the bracelet the boys gave me.

They came with me, it a crazy way. This was them coming with me.

((I hate myself, I really do. So next chapter will be happy I promise, even though in FMA it is a rarity to have a truly happy episode.

By the way, every three chaps it like one episode. Note the Episode 1 Part # thing! Latter on that may change...

Yeah well this chap was also short but I needed a sad yet peaceful end to the episode. Well that's it!

Love you all but Ed will always come first, Bye!))