Epilogue Rhett's POV

I wake up in an all white room. The last thing I remember is the robbery and jumping in front of the kid about to get shot. Wait... Am I dead? I shake my head, No I can't be. I look around the room, trying to figure out where I am, when a woman walks in through a door I hadn't noticed. "Where am I?" is the first thing I ask her. "You're dead, Rhett." The woman replies, confirming my fear, "Now I'm here to make you an offer." I stay quiet, still processing. She takes this as a sign to continue, "I'm here to offer you a one way ticket to paradise-" "No!" I say, "I have to go back, I have to- I can't leave Raeven. I won't." "Rhett, I don't think you understand." She states calmly, "I'm offering you into heaven." "Raeven is my heaven!" I say, "I need to get back to her, she must be so worried." "You can't go back Rhett." The woman states more firmly. "Yes I can! She did!" I argue. "She's a demon, Rhett, that's not something you should want to be." She tries to convince him. "Yes it is. I want to be with her and if that's the only way then so be it. I won't leave her all alone down there!" I finalize. She sighs in defeat, "This is truly what you want?" "Yes." I state. "Very well." She says with a sigh. She snaps her fingers and everything goes black again.

When I wake up I've possessed my old body, luckily it's still in the morgue and not buried under the ground. I get dressed in some clothes I find and as I'm walking out the mortician comes back in. "Wha- who- aren't you dead?" He asks through his shock. "Nah just don't get out a ton." I reply, walking out to avoid further confrontation. "No, I did the autopsy on you. You're supposed to be dead." Ravi says, following him. "Well I'm not so bye." I say, leaving the morgue.

I soon find myself on my way to my and Raeven's apartment. I make a quick pit stop to pick something up before continuing my way there. I approach the door and realize I don't have my keys. Sighing, I knock on the door waiting for Raevan to answer. She doesn't come, maybe she's not home or didn't hear me knocking. Picking the latter, I knock again, louder this time. I hear a faint "Go away!" Come from inside, notifying me she is home. I bang on the door, hoping she'll open up this time. She does, "What?!" She screams at me, then falls silent, her jaw dropping in shock of seeing me. "Hey, Rae." I smile at her. "What are you doing here?" She asks. "I kind of live here, unless that's your subtle way of kicking me out." I joke, walking into the apartment. "How are you here?" Raeven asks, "You died." "I did." I confirm, "But you of all people, Rae, should know that not everyone stays dead." "You-you're a demon?" She asks, stuttering a little. It's kinda cute. "Mmhm. Just like you." I answer, "Though I'm not here on a job like you are." "Then why are you here?" "Well I couldn't leave my girl alone on her birthday, that'd make me a bad boyfriend." I say. She blushes a little when I call her 'my girl' "Also I needed to give you your present." I hold up a small, thin box before handing it to her. "This is all so much to take in." Raeven says, "Are you really here right now, and not just some trick of my imagination?" Wow was she really that torn up over me dying? "Yes." I answer, "I'm really here, Rae." "Oh, Rhetty!" Raeven exclaims, tackling me into a bone-crushing hug. "I missed you too, Rae." I chuckle, holding her tightly against me. "I love you so much, Rhett, please don't ever do that to me again." Raeven cries into my shoulder. "I won't, Rae, I love you too. I'm here and I'm not leaving. Ever. I swear." I assure her, pulling back. I use the pad of my thumb to wipe her tears away, "Now, let's celebrate and be happy, okay?" She nods, "Okay." I give her one last hug, kissing the top of her head, before letting her lead me into the living room.

I sit down on the couch and pull Raeven down with me so she is sitting my lap, with my arms wrapped tightly around her, while she opens the gift I got her. Her brow furrows in confusion upon seeing the gift, "What is this Rhett?" "It's the story of us, written and drawn by me. It's everything from the first moment I saw you, to now. Well minus me dying because I didn't expect that to happen." I explain. I watch as Raeven flips through the graphic novel, taking in every detail on each page. I watch her facial expressions as she reads the story, they're mostly happy but falter to sad ones during the darker scenes. By the end of it I'm sure she has a new understanding of how affected my life is by her. "Do you like it?" I ask, worried the gift is bust and she doesn't like it. "No." Raeven says. I start to panic. Crap she doesn't like it! What am I gonna do now?! My thoughts are interrupted by her continuing on with what she was saying, "I love it." I break into a smile, "Good." "Though I'm confused about one thing." Raeven states. "What's that?" I ask. "This." She holds up the book, showing the last page, which depicts a scene of me kneeling in front of her holding a ring, asking her to marry me. "Oh, that... I've never been good with words, so I thought I'd be creative and ask you to marry me without saying anything at all." I explain, "I love you Raeven, more than anything, you saved me when I thought I was too far gone to save, and there's nothing I want more than to spend the rest of my afterlife with you. I don't have a ring, I died before I could get it, but will you still marry me?" Raeven sits there in silence. It lasts a long time while she thinks things over I guess. After a while I start to get worried, she's taking so long to answer and I'm scared she's gonna say no. Finally, after what feel like an eternity of waiting, she turns to me with a smile and says,

"Yes."

The End