The Story

I look up at the stars and I'm freezing to death. It's in the middle of the night and he called me out to wait for him. He's still not here and I'm going to leave soon if he doesn't come. How can a man let a young woman stand and wait for him in the middle of the night expecting nothing to happen to her? Is he stupid?

We've been friends for three years and we met each other in an art museum. I was staring at a painting for ten minutes and I thought it looked very weird. It had different furnitures like tables and chairs but I didn't know what the meaning of the painting was.

Suddenly a young and handsome man stood right next to me. He stared at the same painting that I was staring at for the past ten minutes.

"What do you think of the painting?" I heard a dark voice from the right side of me and looked at the handsome man. He was still staring at the painting.

"Well, I don't understand the meaning of these furnitures otherwise it's okay." He started chuckling and then smiled at me.

That day he told me what the meaning of the painting was and the painting was his. He also told me his name and after that we drank coffee and talked for four hours. We both had a really good time so we exchanged numbers.

He used to write to me almost everyday and the more we wrote to each other, the more my feelings grew for him. I've liked him for a long time now, but there is no way that he'll ever have feelings for me. He only sees me as one of his friends but I'm okay with how it is right now.

"[Name], [Name]!" I look to the side and see him running up to me.

"Finally! Where have you been?" I ask him. "I'm so sorry, [Name]! It's just that I couldn't find a taxi and then I called.."

"Okay, stop!" I interrupt him with an annoyed expression on my face.

"Then why did you call me to wait for you in the middle of the night? Don't you know that something could've happened to me?" I ask him.

"I know and I'm so sorry! I just wanted to see your pretty face and.."

"What ever, Choi!" I say and he starts to realise that I'm getting angry.

"Can I at least take you home?" He asks me a bit worried.

"I came here by myself so I don't need your company to go back home!"

I feel rage inside of me and I just turn my back on him and start speed walking home. He's probably mad at me too right now for not listening to what he had to say. Shit, maybe I went too far?

The next day I decided to go to his place since I regret yelling at him and being over dramatic. When I arrive there I take a deep breath and knock on his door while I'm looking down at my shoes. After a while he opens the door and I look up at him. His messy hair and his gorgeous suprised face.

"I didn't think you would ever come again, please step in!" He says and smiles. I take off my shoes and look down, embarrassed about what happened yesterday.

"Come, I want to show you something." He says and takes me to his art room where he mostly paints. I look around some paintings and then I see a big white cloth over a board. He removes the cloth and it looks like a painting.

There is a girl in the painting, standing and looking up at the stars in the middle of the night. Is that me? I stare at it for a while and then look up at him suprised.

"I painted this of you when you were waiting for me yesterday.. you looked very beautiful. I was there all the time, even before you came.. I just wanted to get the perfect picture of you in my head. I'm sorry for making you wait for so long... your beauty made me forget the time."

I look at him with big eyes, shocked of what he thought about me and that he did this just for me.

"I love you and I've always had since the first day I met you in the art museum." He says looking a bit shy. My heart starts to beat faster and I'm starting to blush. Oh my, he loves me? Come on now, [Name]. This is your chance!

"I - I love you too and this painting.. is absolutely beautiful, Choi. I have no words because no one has ever done this for me. Thank you so much.. for everything." I finally say and stare at his gorgeous eyes.

He smiles, leans closer to me and gives me a sweet kiss on the lips. "I'm glad you liked my paining this time." He says and laughs.