Chapter 15

***Luke's POV***

"There has to be a way to undo this! I can't be with a dog!" My blood boiled. Hadn't the universe already screwed up my life enough? 'Sick bastards!'

"There is actually, but you don't want that." She replied gravely, "Trust me when I tell you that."

"Tell me what I have to do!" I demanded. She had been hijacking my thoughts mercilessly these past few days. The rage I felt when I saw her with Patch was almost unbearable. This has to stop before I go completely mad. 'I don't even love-' At that moment, I saw her laughing again, her eyes sparkling and the light blush on her cheeks. Then there she was in my arms, her lips swollen and just a twitch away, her sweet scent- 'No! Enough of this!'

The old woman remained quiet almost as if she knew everything that was going on in my head. I grabbed my jacket and stormed out of the little apartment. I didn't need help from a witch! I'm strong enough to handle this on my own. I'll fight this, no matter what!

When I returned to the church all was quiet. I sent a message to Evelyn to let her know I was home and headed to my room, but my feet stopped in front of hers. My hand was raised, about to knock, but I held back. No sound came from the other side and it wasn't like her to go to sleep so early.

I gripped the doorknob and turned it slowly, gently pushing the door open so it wouldn't make any noise. The room was completely empty and a sigh passed through my lips. But if she wasn't here then where was she? 'Wait why do I care?' I stepped out and closed the door, everyone else's rooms were at the other end of the hallway, but they gave no sign of life other than the occasional snore. 'Guess I have to find her before she gets herself into trouble and we're the ones who suffer.'

I made my way down to the basement first, she had taken an interest in the other mutt, that's most likely where she's at. True enough I watched the two from the other side of the one way window. They sat against the wall talking; she made these wild gestures with her hands as if she were telling a story. The memory was fresh in her eyes as she told it, Patch watched intently, giving the occasional laugh. He brushed a strand of hair that had fallen into her face, leaning closer to her. 'What do I care? Why should I care? I DON'T care! I-'

***Fay's POV***

"It's always incredible! You feel so free! Nothing can compare to that!" I finished breathlessly, my whole body giddy with excitement. Patch laughed at my child-like enthusiasm for running as a wolf.

"I agree with you, although I can think of a number of things that could come close." Patch brushed away a strand of my hair, leaning closer. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart pounded wildly. His hazel eyes almost looked green for a moment...'Luke'. I mentally shook my head, Luke's out of the picture! "Do you still not want to?" Patch asked quietly, his face just inches away.

"Fay!" The door burst open, Luke was clearly enraged but who even gives a damn?

I grabbed Patch's shirt, pulling him close. I felt so angry and ended up taking it out on Patch's lips. He obviously didn't mind because a hand tangled itself in my hair while the other was around my waist. His scent left an imprint in my mind and it calmed me. 'This is Patch.' My shyness soon returned with a beet red blush.

"Guess that answers that" He grinned confidently, trying to catch his breath after I pulled away. He placed a light kiss on my neck and my fingers curled in response. "So here it is." Patch sounded victorious and once again brushed his lips against my skin. Damn this was embarrassing!

"Well my dear, you should probably get to sleep. Tomorrow will be a very long day so you'll need to rest up." I nodded and tried to stand but he held me in place. "What about my goodnight kiss?" Patch pouted. If it were possible, my blush became worse as I went to kiss his cheek but he turned at the last moment and our lips connected again.