12 | Magic Camp

Chapter Twelve

"Jeremy?" I announced, watchig him hover above the coffee pot in the Salvatore kitchen, wearing only a towel around his waist.

"Cassidy." he trailed off, his eyes scanning my clothes. "You look...different."

"Yeah, well, being trapped for nearly a year in a prison world where one day repeats itself has that effect on people." I mumbled, grabbing a box of cereal from a cabinet.

"What, no, 'I'm basically back from the dead', hug?" Jeremy joked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nope. Not until you have pants on." I poured some milk and cereal into a bowl, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

I still haven't figured out why Jeremy would lie to me about torturing Enzo. Or why him and Matt were even doing it to begin with.

"Well, I'm glad you're back. You have no idea how miserable everyone has been without you." Jeremy bugged, causing my eyes to grow narrow.

"Was that sarcasm?" I cautioned, moving the cereal around with a spoon before Stefan entered the kitchen.

"Oh- because that's the first thing I wanna see in the morning." Stefan complained, widening his eyes at the sight of Jeremy in a towel.

"Sorry, I forgot you lived here." Jeremy mumbled, as my eyebrows furrowed.

"You forgot that he lived in his own house?" I questioned with my mouth full of cereal as Stefan made his way over to the coffee pot, and Jeremy walked out of the room.

"Hey- uh, any chance you could help me out with some speakers at Caroline's-" he started, turning to see that Jeremy had already left. "House." he finished, going to grab the coffee pot, causing me to snort.

It was completely empty.

"Thanks for the coffee." Stefan called out, before the sound of glass shattering filled my ears

Stefan and I exchanged curious glances, causing me to drop my spoon back into my bowl.

I quickly rose to my feet before Stefan and I made our way towards the living room.

Jo let out a groan, "Sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah it's fine. Just clothes and skin." Liv assured, backing out of the living room, straight into Stefan and I. "Hey, where can I get a T-shirt?

"My room. Up the stairs, first door on the left..." I narrowed my eyes, as Stefan and I exchanged another glance, before walking into the living room.

"What are you doing to my house?" Stefan stared at Jo as I took in my surroundings.

The living room was a mess.

"Fire spell." Jo pauses. "Sort of...it turns out getting back in touch with magic isn't anything like riding a bike."

Jo lets out a laugh as Stefan looks around at the furniture. "Oh." he mumbles.

I walk over to Jo, picking up a flippped-over chair.

"I am sorry about that vase though, was that expensive?" Jo worries, as I prop up the chair, sitting down in it with my legs crossed.

"Well I don't know, but the Smithsonian would, you should call them." Stefan nods, earning a laugh from me before the front door opened.

laric walked in holding a brown bag of food. "Oh, thank god. Breakfast." Jo shot up, "Please tell me that you brought mimosas."

"You actually think I'd watch this sober?" Alaric raises his eyebrows, holding up a bottle of alcohol.