The Story Of A Girl

This is the story of a girl who is very quiet. She constantly feels alone, and thinks that she should just go home. Was she always this way? She was not, to your dismay. She used to be lively, she used to be pure. What exactly happened? I'm not sure. She had felt sad for a while, but it was when the bullies came that it got really bad. They made her feel worthless then went on their way, but thought it was so fun they continued it the next day. Days turned to months, and months to years. They constantly tortured her and made her go home in tears. She began to pretend that everything was fine, but she was really dying inside. Her self esteem dropped, as did her grades. She tried to fix herself, but memories don't fade. It hurt her so much she is scared of going to school, scared to leave her house, and feels like a fool. She no longer talks, and she feels so alone. Now there's a twist in this story, for that girl is me. All I really want is to be free. The bullies are relentless, their words burn like ice. I can't help but think that one day they will pay the price. My experiences have changed me.  Whether for better or worse I don't know. But thanks to those experiences my self esteem is incredibly low. I don't enjoy the things I used to , gosh if only they knew. If only they knew what their words have done to me. I sometimes feel as though I have no choice but to flee. I want to be liked, but at the same time I want to be forgotten. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if the bullies weren't so rotten. I can't stand up for myself or it will make it worse. Even if I tell on them the bullying won't disperse. I don't want them to get away with it but I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions, because honestly I have no clue. I'm asking for your help, this is my way of reaching out. How do I defend myself in a way that won't make them shout?

A/N: I wrote this the other day. Yes, it is my own poem, and if you wish to quote it or use it for something else please ask first! Thank you all! I'm sorry the poem is so crappy. I'm usually a lot better at writing poetry. I dunno what happened to this poem.... Sorry guys...