1

??? POV

Where was I? All I saw was a bright light shining in my eyes. A boy. He looked aroung 16, like me. (I do know Jacob is 13, but it's for the sake of this fanfic.) I examined him. He had emerald  green eyes, brown/almost blond hair, and braces. He looked perfect. I was a bit shorter than him, but he was short himself, too.

I didn't realize I was sitting on the floor until he reached out his hand offering to help me up. I took the offer, and flattened out my sundress, making sure it was not wrinkled.

"Hi baby" He said giving me a cute smile even though we were not dating but I would gladly do so.

"Umm, hi" I say looking down, blushing a little.

"You should wake up. You're parents are worried sick. Nancy is becoming anorexic. The doctors are thinkng of letting you go. You should get up before they do so." He said calmly holding my hands gently.

"What do you mean." At this moment I was completely confused. I was awake and talking to him.

"It's okay, Baby. No need to be scared. Just wake up. They're counting on you. This is just the start." With these words from him, my hands shook. Tears brimming in my eyes. One tear had actually come in contact with my cheek.

"NOOOO! NO! NO! No, no, no." I started out with a yell but slowly my voice lowered.

I sobbed in his chest with his arms secured acround me.

A bright light came towards me again. The boy drifted apart from me. I wanted to run to him for safety but my feet would not move.

"Don't be afraid" He whispered

I nodded my head in return.

I walked towards the light blocking it with my arm.

Still moving forward, I looked back.

"I don't even know your name."

"Jacob. My name is Jacob. What about yours?"

"Danielle."

I turned towards the light as far as I could until I was in a hospital bed, with my parents and best friend, Nancy, looking at me with wide eyes.

What were they looking at?