Those thoughts...

~You only start to appreciate something after you lost it~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto’s POV

Cheers bombarded my ears as Kakashi sensei arrived with me on his back, at the village. Finally I was acknowledged; finally they would watch me with more than ice cold eyes but with eyes of love and adoration. Everyone jumped me asking all sorts of questions but all that flooded my mind was Hinata; and the words she told me before Pain stabbed her, “I... I l... Love you Naruto”

‘Where was Hinata?’ I thought as my large blue eyes scanned the crowd of villagers and to my satisfaction the one I was looking for stood out causing a large grin to creep onto my face.

Hinata’s POV

“Thank goodness, Naruto-kun is alright,” were the only thoughts in my head as tears flowed down my face at the sight of his radiant bright yellow hair and hopeful, searching eyes locking onto me.

I felt a blush creep onto my face as Naruto grinned sheepishly at the sight of me. He looked so happy, he looked so at peace. His warmth and happiness was contagious as it made me want to smile. Everyone threw him into the air cheering him on, he was our hero, but most of all he was my hero and I was in love with him.

Third Peron POV

Konoha had been greatly affected by Pain and was in need of all the help it could get. All of the villagers hustled and bustled trying to make themselves busy with whatever work they could do, except two, Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyuga.

After receiving praise and thanks from everyone Naruto was a little less than happy since the one person he really wanted to see hadn’t come to tell him anything and had disappeared out of his sight, on one person whose voice and face kept on replaying in his mind, Hinata Hyuga.

~Mean while~

All Hinata could think about was Naruto, he had finally gotten his dream which was to be known by the villagers. She wished so dearly that she could just muster the strength to approach him and hug him like Sakura did, in front of everyone but in truth she was just too timid to do so. Just one sight of Naruto made her face boil red and one direct conversation with him made her faint. Her feeling for Naruto was just too much, but yet that time she gave her life for him and for once she talked directly to him without fainting or blushing her head off.

Hinata was profoundly lost in thought oblivious to the fact that she was walking right into a huge crater which lead into a destroyed house until it was too late. Hinata found herself falling until she was consumed by darkness. Hinata had hit her head among the fact that she had broken her ankle and was bleeding of profusely.