Part 7

Thalia's POV
Irritating Reyna is maybe the most entertaining thing ever. Every time we've been practicing hand-to-hand combat I've used her own moves against her, pinning her down the same way she did to me in Puerto Rico just to piss her off. I make a point to practice hand-to-hand with her all the time. No reason for it. Just kidding.
We don't have to train today but Reyna and I are going to anyway. She claims to be ready to "take me down". Oh Reyna. How cute.
I'll give it to her though, she's way harder to fight now than she was when she was new to immortality. She puts up a good fight. But I can't let her win today.
Using a lot more effort than I'd like to admit, I finally pin her down, straddling her waist and pinning hey arms down with my hands gripping her forearms tightly enough to leave fingerprints. " This is pathetic. You just don't know any other way to beat me, and you know I'm letting you do this, " Reyna says. Baring my teeth menacingly I say "Shut up, Roman."
"Make me," Reyna challenges, glaring at me but with a playful look in her eyes.
I accept her challenge and, heart pounding, lean down, pressing my lips to hers. At first she flinches but then she relaxes and kisses me back. I can feel her quickened pulse under my fingers, which are still tightly clamped on her arms.
After a few seconds I pull away and stand up, offering my hand to help her up, which she accepts for once. Once she's standing, I keep holding onto her hand.
"I knew you just couldn't resist me," I tease. "Oh shut up," Reyna teases. "Make me," I say, throwing her own words back in her face. She kisses me quickly and then let's go of my hands, walking by my side back to where the other Hunters are gathered.