I Can't Loose You

Chapter 7(probably). 

Rose's POV

***

I break the kiss after a while but keep my arms wrapped around the Doctors neck.

"We need to tell mum." I say, but just at the moment, a knock sounds at the door. I unwind my arms from the Doctor and face the door. "Come in." I say. Mum opens the door and look at us both.

"I heard some raised voices in here. And you're both tear-stained. What's going on?" She says. I look at the a Doctor and we share a glance. I hold his gaze but he draws away, looking back at Mum.

"Let's go and sit down." The Doctor says, and we all nod in agreement. We all take a seat in the living room, and I can barely speak. I'm terrified.

"What is it then?" She asks. The Doctor looks over at me, edging me on. I have to tell her this, he's right. She's my mum.

"I'm..." I start, but realise my vocal chords have completely seized up. I take a deep breath and swallow. "I'm pregnant."

"Oh my god!" Mum says, a big smile on her face, but then it drops. She turns to the Doctor "Didn't you say something about another baby being at risk to Rose?" She says. The Doctors takes a deep breath.

"Yes. There are a lot of risks that come with this pregnancy-"

"Well, why did you go and get her pregnant then?!" Mum starts "You idiotic, skinny little alien-"

"Mum!" I shout "The Doctor had nothing to do with this!"

"What?" She says, confusion in her voice "You mean, it's not his?"

"No, of course it is. I mean, I did this to myself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She says.

"I've been off the pill for 3 moths. I got pregnant 2 months ago, and I only found out the dangers of having another baby about a month ago, so it's my fault."

"Did you know about this?" Mum says to the Doctor. He shakes his head.

"I knew about the complications about another child, yes. So I bought up the conversation about a month ago, but by that point, what I didn't know was Rose was already pregnant." He says.

"So you did this on your own? Made that decision?" Mum looks at me sternly. I feel like a small schoolgirl being told off. I nod.

"I didn't know, Mum. I wanted a baby so bad-"

"Perhaps you should've talked to the Doctor about it first!" Mum says.

"I know that now! But you're not making it any better by telling me!" I shout. I'm about to get up, but the Doctor grabs my hand, keeping me in place.

"I suggest we all calm down. We have to talk about it, so let's do it calmly." He says. I relax back into the sofa.

"We can't bloody well go about it calmly, what exactly could happen to Rose?" Mum snaps.

"I don't know Jackie! I just know that this baby could put Rose's life at risk," the Doctor says. Mum tries to interject, but the Doctor stops her "And I'll do all I can to save her, and the baby." He finishes. I swallow hard and look at mum.

"Well, have you discussed another option other than risking your life?" Mum says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Like, abortion? It would be a good idea. I don't want to lose you-"

"Just like I don't want to lose this baby. I'm not getting rid of it mum." I say. The Doctor looks over at me.

"It would be a good idea Rose, if you'd just consider it!" Mum says, but I shake my head firmly. 

"No. I'm not getting rid of this child!" I lay a hand over my tiny bump protectively. 

"You could die Rose!" Mum shouts.

"Well then I'll find a way out of it!" I snap back at her.

"Rose, maybe your mother's right." The Doctor speaks up. I turn my head sharply towards him.

"You actually agree with her, think we should just kill our baby there and then?" I say, tension hanging in the air between us. 

"I'm only saying, that if it gets to near 24 weeks and your body can't cope with it, an abortion would be wise-"

"What? And just kill our baby? This is a life Doctor. And we made it, whether you like it or not." I snap. He looks hurt.

"I never said I didn't like it," he says "I love it. But if it could kill you then I think we should at least think about abortion. I can't loose you." He says. I just stare at him, my eyes glazing over.

"I can't loose this baby." I whisper softly. The Doctor looks at my sadly. Mum gets up.

"I suggest you two leave and sort things out. Come back in a day or two and tell me how things are going."

"Good idea." The a Doctor stands up and holds out a hand for me. I ignore the offer and get up myself. I stalk right past him and out the door. I need to see so done who can take my mind of this mess. Someone like Jack.

***

So on that depressing end, I thought of something to lighten the mood. In the comments,  ask me something about myself that you don't know, or would like to know! I'll reply to you all. 

Love you all shipmates, 

Ella :)