46

- time skip -

"I'll be back." I mutter kissing Jay's head and putting her in her crib to sleep. I walk to the living room and find Aaron. I peck his cheek and grab the hoodie and the folded up note next to it.

I walk to my car and start driving.

my hands were turning white from gripping the steering wheel so tight.

I slowly walked up to his front door and opened it. its never locked anyhow. I hear slight moaning from upstairs. Probably Cara. I heard they got back together.

I softly set the hoodie on his work desk, I had been here a few times, we were still best friends whether Aaron liked it or not. I read over the note one more time.

Dear cade,
What's funny is all of this started with your hoodie. That day you told me to come over to look at it was the day this all started. You're still my best friend, that'll never change boi. but I have to go so I thought I should return this. bye cade.
- alexis

I set the note down and walked out to my car.

Slowly I walked upstairs. I picked Jay up and set her on the ground. I watched her play with Raven, a fully grown cat now.

"princess?" I heard his voice from downstairs.

I picked up baby Jay and slowly walked downstairs. "yes hun."

he jogged over to me taking Jay into his arms. "I missed your smile." he muttered kissing my cheek then hers.

I shook my head chuckling and watching him set Jay on the ground by her toys. He gently pulled me to him. "I love you baby."

"I love you too."