Reaping

"Cedar honey!" My mom yells from downstairs. "Wake up! We have to go to the reaping soon!"
"Coming mom!" I yell back.
I jump out of bed and head to my closet. I open the doors and see an endless display of dresses. I reach back far into it and pull out a dress. Perfect. It's my grad dress from grade 7. Being only two years older, it still fits me.
"Mom! Where are my black heels?"
"By the front door Cedar! Where you left them."
"Ok! Thanks!" I run downstairs after curling my hair and see my mom making breakfast. "Hey mom! What's for breakfast?"
"Waffles with whipped cream and raspberries."
"Thanks mom!" I run up to her and hug her. I then sit down and get through half a waffle before there is a knock on the door. I stand up and go and open it. It's Oliver!
"Hey Cedar!" He says kissing my cheek. "Ready to go?"
"Yep!" I reply. "Bye mom! See you after the reaping!"
"Bye honey!"

Oliver and I walk down the street towards the Justice Building. He slips his arm around my waist and I don't hesitate to lean in a bit closer.

When we get to the building, we split up and go into our designated lines. They prick our fingers and we are sent to our designated sections. I turn to the left and see him standing on the side of the aisle. Right next to me.

Suddenly our escort Shimmer Silverton came bouncing onstage wearing a really puffy pink dress. I roll my eyes. Capitol people have such a strange sense of fashion.
"Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favour! Let's start with the gentlemen!"
She bounces over to one of the bowls, reaches her hand in and picks out a slip of paper. "Alexander Jacobs!"
I look to my left and see Oliver start to move forward. He stops when he hears someone near the front yell; "I volunteer as tribute!" My brother!
"No! Aiden you can't! Please someone else volunteer!"
"Sorry sweetie!" I hear Shimmer say. "He already volunteered."
I start to cry as I walk back to my section. I feel someone put their arms around me and I don't have to look up to see that it is Oliver.
"It's ok." He was reassuring me. "Your brother is the strongest guy here. He'll be ok."
I nod my head and stand up straight.
"Now for the ladies!" Shimmer continues. She trots over to the ball and picks out a name. She walks back to her mike, unfolds the paper and reads, "Cedar Woods!"
I gasp as I feel Oliver's arms tighten around me.
"Please! Someone volunteer!" He yells.
I push off his arms and walk quickly up to the stage. I walk up to my brother and hug him. I almost start crying but I fight it. I can't seem weak.
"You two are siblings aren't you?"
I just sob so Aiden answers for us, "Yes we are. I'm eighteen and my sister is fifteen."
"Well isn't that lovely everyone! Your tributes from District One! Aiden and Ceder Woods!"
We walk offstage but I just can't stop crying. This might be the last time I see my home.

__________________________
I was wondering if any of you want to be in my story? Send me your:
Name
Age
District (if you say districts 2 or 4 tell me if you want to be a career!)
Weapon of Choice
I will post another 2-3 chapters and if no one replies then I will make up my own characters.

Stay Crazy🙃
WhovianofBakerStreet