Goodbyes

Oliver runs into the room and sits next to me on the couch. I turn to look at him and notice that he is crying. I lean over towards him and plant a kiss on his lips. He looks up and wraps his arms around me.
"Please come home Cedar. I need you." He is sobbing. "Not only me but your mother too."
I say back to him; "I know that my brother will make sure I make it as far as him at least. Maybe further if he has to. I will come home!" I can not believe that by the end of these games my mother will loose at least one of her children. I start crying again as Peacekeepers come in to tell Oliver that his time is up. He starts to stand but before he can, I reach up and kiss him.
"I will miss you!"
"Here." He takes his ring off his finger and hands it to me. "Wear this as your district token. It will help you remember home."
"Thank you!" I start sobbing. "I will come back! I promise!" I yell as the peacekeepers drag him away.

The next person to come in is my mother. She runs in sobbing and sits next to me.
"Mom." I say to her. "Stay strong. One of us will come home."
"I know sweetie. Aiden promised me that if you two are the last two left, he will let you win."
"Really?"
"Really really. Your brother would do anything for you."
"I really hope so mom."
The peacekeepers come in to single that our time is up. My mom stands up, kisses me on the cheek, hugs me then walks out. I miss her already.

My next visited is a surprise. Sort of. Little Alexander. He runs in and leaps on to the couch next to me. I just hug him. That's all that he needs.
"Come home Cedar." He says. "Oliver needs you."
"I will try my hardest."
"Swear?!"
"I, Cedar Woods, swear to keep my promise to Alexander Jacobs and try to come home." I recite with my right hand in the air. "Is that better Alex?"
"Yes Cedar!" The peacekeepers come in and we know our time is up. I give him one last squeeze and he runs outside.

Finally Brianna comes. My best friend. She runs sobbing to me and I stand up and give her a big hug. "You have to promise me that you will come home!" She sobs into my shoulder.
"I promise that I will try my best!" I start crying as well. We talk and cry for a few more minutes until some peacekeepers come in to let us know that time is up. I hug her one more time before the peacekeepers escort her out.

I sit there by myself until my last visiter comes in. Lucy. My brother's girlfriend. She walks up to me and starts to yell at me; "If you come out and not your brother because he saved your life. I will personally come and kill you!"
The peacekeepers hear this and rush in to the room. Leaving with Lucy dragging behind them, swearing at me.

I cry and I don't try to stop myself. I just let the tears flow. I wish I never got reaped...

____________________________
Here is the next chapter of the Hunger Games!
Please comment if you want to be in my book!

Name
Age
District (if 2 or 4 comment if you want to be a career)

Stay amazing! 😘
WhovianofBakerStreet