Chapter 15

Gabis dress

Weeks went by and before we knew it we had enough information to send to HQ to help them but we still needed one bit of information. The names. We had been following them around but never actually spoken to them.

Jason was also here and was doing really well, especially since Gabi was there to help him but, he's still anxious.

Tomorrow night is the dance and as it turned out it is a masquerade ball so we all went out and bought dresses/tuxes and things you need for a ball basically.

Yesterday we went shopping in groups. So Lily, Hayley, Gabi, Katie and I all went together then the boys all went together. It was quite fun since we also got ice cream at the end and it was sooo nice but, I had sorbet. The others had proper ice cream.

I got a dress which was an aqua colour with a mask that was aqua around the eyes but was a silver colour. I also got a ring with blue in the middle of with matching shoes and necklace. I also bought a bit of makeup with the help of Hayley.

Lily bought a dark red dress with matching shoes, mask and ring with dark red lipstick, black eye shadow and a silver necklace.

Gabi bought a blue and black dress with black shoes, red lipstick, a black choker with a pendant, a silver mask, 2 rings, one saying my beauty and the other saying my beast, then silver/black eye shadow and a glove that connects to the middle finger (If you guys know the name could you please comment it. Thx guys:))

Hayley bought a white dress that spreads out at the bottom with everything else being white except for the eye shadow, mask and ring.

Then Katie bought a blue dress with the back and the left side being longer than the front and the right side, along with it has blue nail polish, black dangly earrings, a 3 piece necklace, a ring and black ankle heels.

All of the makeup was a horror story because in Hayley's words "you need to get a lipstick and eye shadow that suits both you and the dress. In other words she chose the makeup and we just went along with it.

So it was a fun day and we all got something to wear and some of us got dates but, most of us are going solo. I'm one of the ones who going with a date.

Flashback

After the shopping I went straight up to my room to put everything away. I did buy other clothes for the rest of the trip and I did put the dress away, much to Hayley's disappointment. In her words she said "no. You have to put it up until the actual day just so can continuously admire it." I laughed at her and put it away any way.

After putting everything away I collapsed down on my bed with my phone and started listening to music. Well, that was until Liam knocked then walked in, making me stop the music.

"This better be important. You interrupted my music." I sigh and he laughs. Knowing that I'm just joking around.

"Well it kind of is. You know how almost everyone is going to this dance with a date?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah. What about it?" I ask. Clearly not seeing where this is leading.

"Well I wanted to know if you. Ah forget it." He says but I grab his wrist to prevent him from going.

"Are you asking me to go to the masquerade with you?" I ask and he nods sheepishly.

"Yeah." He says and I smile.

"I'd love to but why were you so nervous?" I ask and he sighs then sits back on the bed.

"Because you dated one of my best friends and we are only friends so I thought it would've been a little weird." He claims and I smile.

"Liam you do know that my entire team is made up of guys right?" I ask and he sits down on the bed.

"Yeah. Your point being?" He asks and I smile.

"So, this isn't the first time I've had to do something like this and each and every one of them has been with me." I say and he smirks.

"Even Jason?" He asks and I slap his shoulder.

"You know what I mean. So yes, I will go with you." I say and he smiles. "Now get out  of here, I want to listen to music." I say and he nods.

"See you tomorrow." And with that he walks out of the room and I lay down on bed and drift off to sleep. Listening to music.

End of flashback

So, Ashton and a few other boys are going by themselves which is kind of handy. Just so we have someone to keep a close eye.

"Kira! We need to talk to the boss!" Ashton shouts and I groan but get off my bed and run downstairs just in time for the Skype call to come through. Ashton answers it and we all sit down.

"OK guys I just got the report and its looking good. But where are the names?" She asks and we all look at each other and of course, I have to answer.

"Uh we haven't gotten names yet. They're going to a masquerade ball tomorrow night so we're going to and we're going to see if we can catch them and make conversation and hopefully get some names." I explain and she nods.

"OK well remember this will be your only chance to get more information." She tells us.

"No pressure." Gabi says and she smiles.

"Well do what you were born to do and don't get hurt." And with that she ends the call and we all sit there.

"Well see ya's." I go to leave but Gabi pulls me back down.

"No you don't." She says and I pout.

"What now?" I ask and Ashton looks at me.

"We need a plan." He says and I look at him confused.

"Why? We have a perfectly good plan." I say and he sighs.

"You really trust those guys?" He asks and I scoff.

"No Ashton I don't (insert sarcasm here.).  Of course I do. Why you don't?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Guys leave." He says. Gabi goes to protest but we glare at her and they all leave in an awkward silence.

"No Kira. I don't. Do you know why?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No I have no idea why because you have no reason not to trust them." I spit and he shakes his head again.

"I don't trust them because if it were just us on this mission then we would be all over Australia right now enjoying ourselves not still doing a mission for 2 bloody months!" He shouts and I scoff at him.

"Look they have their ways and we have ours so maybe you just need to show a little bit of patience!" I shout back.

"No! You trust people too easily. This is why I should've been the leader!" He shouts and I step back. We were challenged to be leader and he had the choice to be leader or not and he chose to be second in command.

"Actually this could be the other way around! You could be leader but, instead, you chose to be second in command. So don't blame your stupid mistake on me!" I shout right back. My remark made him go into a moment of shock so I took it as a time to leave the room and go back to my room. 

I slammed the door and fell on my bed with tears streaming down my face. Once again wishing that my parents were here to tell me everything would be OK.

Why me? And with that thought I went to sleep.