Prologue

They sat on hard seats, in what the people of our day would think of as circular bleachers carved from stone. The sun shone brightly down upon them, without a single cloud to obstruct it's light.

It warmed their flesh, as they waited for their leader to arrive for another tedious, and boring meeting to be held. Most didn't understand why they were held in the first place.

It was in that boredom, that some decided to check in on the mortals, gazing down upon them from the clouds. They surprisingly found themselves enamoured with what they found.

Thing's were beginning to stir in the mortal world, a young king had begun to usher in a new age, and other sought to leave their own marks in it's wake. Interesting characters seemed to stretch the corners of the Greek world, and beyond it as well. They watched with the kind of interest we might our favorite tv show, unaware of the all father's approach, or perhaps they simply didn't care?

His steps were silenced by the fluffy white clouds beneath them, as he walked into the circle to find most crowded around a single spot. Apollo and Aphrodite looked ready to fall through to the mortal world at any moment- they needed only scoot an inch or so closer to the hole in the clouds.

"What is so interesting that you all need huddle and crouch?" His voice wasn't loud, but somehow it boomed with such authority that all immediately stood with rigid backs, as they turned to face him.

"Why not have a look for yourself?" Aries suggested, a sweep of his hand urging the older god on- always excited when blood and war were involved, it caused the lovely Athena to roll intelligent grey orb's in disgust.

A pure white brow raised high, Zeus let his gaze sweep over his fellow gods, only once he'd met each ones gaze did he step forward, a new curiosity glinting in his own wise gaze. It had been a while since the Olympian's had taken such interest in mortal affairs!

He leaned over, peering down to the earth bellow and picked out several among them as the sources of all the interest.

He concurred. "Interesting indeed." And with those words, they huddled close to watch the events of the mortal world once more.