One

I woke up too my screaming alarm clock. I brought my hand up and slammed it on the device. It shut up and I grunted. I rubbed my eyes and stretched out my sore muscles. "Two months till I'm sixteen. Two months till the ceremony." I whispered to myself.

I stood up and grabbed my jeans from the floor and my shirt from the fan. Im one of those people that never put away their clothes but knows what's clean. I quickly put them on. I looked in the mirror. My blue eyes shine brighter than usual and my olive skin was glowing.

My mom told me this happened to her four months before the ceremony. I always thought she was lying. I guess not. I ran a hand through my hair and decided it was enough. I slung my bag over my shoulder and stomped downstairs.

"I swear I didn't give birth to an elephant!" I heard my mom scream. I chuckled. She hated  it when I stomped that's why I do it. I grabbed an apple from the counter and looked at the clock. It was 8:15 my bus would come in five minutes. I dropped the apple and ran to my stop.

I made it just as I heard the breaks screech. I stopped and caught my breath. What? I'm no picture perfect gym girl. I smoothed down my hair and hopped on the bus. I took my usual seat by myself in the middle part of the bus.

I was labeled the 'freak' but I didn't care. Two more months and I wouldn't have to go to school anymore. That's what happens when you're family are the soulless. I don't want to get into that right now. I plugged my ear buds in and stuffed them in my ears.

I drowned out the annoying sounds of my peers. The bus came to a stop and my mood dropped once I saw my school. I stayed on the bus till every last person was off. Then I departed. I bid my thank you's to the bus driver.

Then I put my earbuds back in. I braced myself for a very boring very long day. I went to my locker and out my stuff neatly away. Organization is key? I don't even know. I didn't bring anything out because I had gym. Yay. Sarcasm need to be noted.

I changed into my gym strip and did why my gym teacher made me and only me do all class. Laps. By the end of the class I looked like I had just taken a shower. But not with water with sweat. This is the reason why I'm glad our school has showers.

The reason why I do laps every day is because of Binaca Walters. She was pretty rude to me so I retaliated. I say I could've handled the situation better. But hey it's in my genes. I laughed and the whole class stared at me probably thinking I was crazy.

Laughing while doing laps. "Liking the laps Oakley?" Ms. Willis asked. "Of course. Pam I love them." I spat. I called her by her first name mainly because it annoyed her.