Part 2

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆☽Ⓛ❈Ⓒ☾⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Sienna's POV.

I go up to the double doors and press my ID against the keypad on the wall, the door clicks open for me.

Only pack members can enter the Alpha's house. I walk down the corridor, breathing in the comforting smell of the oak floorboards and panelling. I knock on the door and wait for Alpha Jon to call out.

When he does, I step inside and shut the door behind me. Walking up to his desk, I lower my head as a sign of respect.

"Alpha," I greet and wait another moment before raising my head. Alpha Jon smiles at me.

"Please sit down, Sienna." He gestures to one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"I presume your mother explained what you're here for?"

"To meet a man who will be joining our pack for a while?" I reply and Alpha Jon nods.

Alpha Jon is in his early forties, he's mated to our incredible Luna, Tia, and they have three children together.

"Yes. Now, I don't want you to be alarmed, but I think you should know that this man is from the Black Mountain pack," he tells me, his eyes watching me carefully.

"Excuse me, sir?" I sputter, completely shocked.

The Black Mountain pack is the biggest threat to our pack, they're violent and regularly challenge nearby packs for land. Just last year, they decimated the Clearwater pack for their land. Apparently, they had asked politely first, and then took the land by force when the Alpha had declined.

Their Alpha Fane is cruel and fierce. He is greedy for land, and we are lucky that they don't view our territory as valuable. We are never allowed to venture onto their territory, nor would anyone ever want to, as it is rumoured that trespassers are killed on sight.

"I know it may seem alarming, but this man is actually very friendly and polite," Alpha Jon explains, wringing his hands nervously.

"Why did you agree to it?" I blurt out, momentarily forgetting my place.

"His Alpha was very...persuasive," Alpha Jon says, and I realise Alpha Fane must have threatened him.

"Anyway, his name is Cade and he's going to be with us for two weeks, working for Doctor Greene. It seems to qualify as a pack doctor he needs to practice somewhere other than his own pack."

"What, like work experience?"

"Yes, exactly like that. He needs to have a reference from us to pass his exam. It'll only be for two weeks," Alpha Jon explains.

I get the feeling that our pack was chosen because no other packs would agree.

"Um, okay, that's fine," I agree uneasily.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect when I meet him.

"I've told everyone that he's coming from another pack, you are the only one who knows his true origin and I would prefer to keep it that way. It'll cause alarm and probably create a lot of issues for Cade," Alpha Jon clarifies. "That being said, I would like to keep an eye on him at first. Keep him on the territory so that, if he does try anything, you'll be safe."

I nod silently.

"I only need you to show him around, make him feel welcome. He'll be staying in my house, don't worry."

"That's fine. Just a quick question, Sir, why me?"

"You are one of the more...accepting members of the pack. I know, should he let slip which pack he truly comes from, others wouldn't take it so well," he replies, and I feel flattered that he has chosen me.