♦two♦

//this one is also unedited. sorry for the inconvenience?//

Alex

I feel awful for ditching last minute on Jack, but then again I didn't, because I knew he was just going to hurt me if we even became friends. I know that would bever happen, because just look at me. You can tell I don't usually have friends. I sighed and forced my eyelids shut. I grabbed my bag and opened my eyes, walked out of the bathroom and into the hall, ready to walk home. I can't believe I still call it that. It's obviously not a home to me since my father treats me so bad and my mom left me and when my family come to visit, it's just for my dad.

I silently walked through the crowd and opened the doors finally relieved that I can sleep. As soon as I get to the first red light, someone's car pulls up beside me. ai knew whi it was, so I ignored it, and waited until the light turned red. My fsther didn't turn, like he was supposed to. Not wanting to be the cause of him receiving a ticket, I annoyingly open the door and plop down in the passenger side and wait for him to answer me, but he doesn't.

We finally make it home, and I immediately rush into the house and up to my room. I open my door but get pulled back forcefully and slammed into the wall opposite. I mentally scream in pain, but hold it in all so I stay alive. I look at my dad, and see it wasn't him. It's my uncle.

"What the fu-" I try to speak, but get punched in the jaw. I holds me against the wall and speaks firmly in my face. "Well, your dad's gling to be away for a month, and he asked me to watch you, so that's what I'm doing. No lights on after eight, no phone or related devices shit beside you while you sleep, and if I catch you trying to kill yourself again, well, you'll see, sugar."

I winced at the name and closed the door after walking in. "What the fuck?" I muttered to myself.

Later that day, my dad's side of the family came to see how my uncle's doing. I was confused as to why they came up to see me. They scoffed and me and threw an orange envelope onto my bed, looking like they were in a rush.

Now, it's Tuesday morning and I have to go to school in about two hours. I have been sitting on my bed staring at the envelope for probably about an hour and a half, wanting to see why they gave this to me, but I'm worried. The moment I grasped the courage to open it my father burst through my door. As on instinct, I shoved the package under my pillow before he saw any orange paper.

His head was beet red as he stormed over to me. My face, emotionless caught him off guard. I just don't feel anything anymore - especially around this man. I gripped my shoulders and slammed me into the wall harshly. I didn't even try to stop him this time. I just let him do whatever he wanted with me, until he noticed I didn't give a fuck anymore, and he lifted my shirt up and smirked as he saw my cuts, bruises and beyond. I now felt very self conscious about my body, so I managed to choke out a response.

"I-I have school in t-ten minutes.."

He looked annoyed, and also disappointed? I shrugged it off and watched him punch my jaw and kick my ribs once more before retreating down the hall. I actually now mis my uncle being here. Odd. I gasped for air, yet stood up and grabbed a new set of clothes to wear for school. A Blink 182 shirt, deep red jeans, black Vans, and a dark maroon beanie that matched my pants.

I carefully slipped them on and looked in the mirror at my face. He barrly hit my face, but I should totally start to develop some bruises later, and I didn't have anything I could use to cover them up, not even makeup. I sighed and picked up my bag and headed out the door.

I guess my bruises were starting to form, as I had already received shocked faces staring at me as I walked doen the hall to first period. I looked around anxiously ans broughty arms up to my chest and crossed them until I realized it. I forgot my jacket. That means everybody can see my bruises, but mostly my shitty self harm cuts and scars. My eyes widened and I shot towards the bathroom, which was fortunately empty.

I leaned ny forehead against the cold tile and closed my eyes, thinking. How could ai have forgotten my jacket? How is thus possible? Oh- that's right. I didn't fuckong have one. My father threw it away when he saw how comfortable I felt in my hoodies. I immediately tensed up when thr door across from me slung open, but I relaxed when I saw it was Jack. Yes, we weren't friends, but it sure did help when I knew that someone I could talk to without having a panic attack wouldn't tell the whole school my secrets this time.

His eyes widened when he saw me sitting on the ground, my back now against the wall. He smiled lightly as he sat next to me and handed me a black jacket. I started to put jt on, but he stopped me.

"Wait- uh, may I please sesee your.." He gestured to my wrists. I hesitantly nodded and he looked at them carefully. He frowned when he accidentally pressed hard on a cut on my upper arm that I didn't create, causing me to hiss from yhe pain. "Oh! I-I didn't mean to-"

"Hey, it's fine." I replied with as much happiness i could muster, but obviously failed as he noticed.

"Hey what... What happened? I mean I'm in no place to know but I am just seriously curious about everything. Sorry- I'll meet you in class-"

"No, Jack it's okay don't apologize you didn't do anything. I just.. I'd tell you but ai can't talk about it. I'm sorry." He smiled knowingly and let me put the jacket on before we walked out of the bathroom into the now almost deserted halls. Yhe bathroom wasn't too far from the class, so wed only waljed a short while before walking through the open entrance. No one even looked at me besides some of the stoner guys, some jocks and a few girls who were wearing way too short cheerleading outfits.

I didn't even flinch as someone threw a ball of paper at me and bouned onto Jack's desk. He sighed and threw it back, hitting the guy in the eye. Jack suppressed a laugh as he grunted and screwed his eye shut trying to get rid of the pain. Suddenly, someone walked through the doorway and everyone besides the jocks and like two cheerleaders cheered and whistled at her.
She smiled and the sub snd her talked for a few seconds before the substitute hurried and grabbed all her stuff, snd rushed out.

The woman spotted me and motioned for me to get up. I sighed and stood up, kigjtly gasping at the pain snd tried to keep it unnoticed but again, failed as some people snickered at me. I ignored insults being thrown at me again, and smield at the teacher.

"So, I take it your Alex? And you're living with your father because your mom has been a business trip for the past year?" I flinched at the thought of ny mother. I choked out a reply, "Um, y-yes." I simply stated. She nodded and told me to sit back down, and just sat at her desk organizing papers and files, books, pencils, everything. "Okay guys you can either read or talk. Now." Everyone smiled and obviously began talking, besides the few exceptions including two guys who never let go of each other's hands, only to flip the pages of a book. I learned their names were Daniel and Philip, but liked to be called Dan and Phil, and were growing in popularity from their YouTube channels. I had them in two of my other classes, and they were nice.

They looked so calm and happy together. I wish I'd find someone someday that makes me that happy. I sighed and turned my attention to the clock and sighed again, seeing as it was just over 9 minutes until the bell rang. I leaned back in my seat gently and sat there waiting for the bell to ring, but it never did. Everyone was getting really inpatient, and a couple students were asking the teacher why they weren't going to second period. I didn't really mind, though. I glanced at Jack and he looked back at me with a small smile, that made me smile a genuine smile myself.