Chapter One- I'm Normal

I really am being bothered by all the popularity this new contest is receiving. I mean, yes, it's good that almost every girl I know is entering our school into the competition so that we have a higher chance of winning, but I wanted them to be a secret. My secret.

Except for the exception of a couple of close friends of course.

I know this sounds stupid, but I feel as if some people don't deserve to like them. That they don't fit into this fandom like I do or like my friends do. Who knows? Maybe some people think I don't deserve to like them. Everyone has their own opinion.

They've become such a big part of my life, that I'm realizing most of my high grades from English are coming from writing how I feel, or imagine how things would happen if I was involved with them in any way. I'm not an anti-social girl. But they've become a pleasant side-hobby. What I mean by that is that I enjoy listening to their music, having a twitter and tumblr dedicated to them, and having the more-than-occasional freak out over how amazing they are or their music is or the recent drama about them.

I only do this when I'm at home or bored of course. If the people in my high school who actually believe I'm normal, (as I said before, except for the occasional close friend who is just as insane as I am) finds out how I act about them through posts or at home. They'd probably put me in a mental hospital.

I'm totally normal though, I promise.

Well, normal to the rest of the crazy people in the fandom and to people who aren't as close to me.

I looked up away from the computer and stared at my wall. It's plastered with all types of posters, but I smile at the One Direction one. Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis have made me happier than I've ever been in ways I can't explain. I feel like I know them, but I the same time, I know I don't. They're special. Special to me.

That's why I'm kind of angry that they've become so popular. I mean, I'm proud that they've gone so far, and they're probably extremely happy that they make tons of money. But, it lowers my chances of meeting them and the ticket prices are getting higher and it's just been a constant struggle.

Like I said before, I'm a normal teenage girl, which proves that I'm broke.

I looked at all the posts telling people to register our school in the contest. The contest winner is which ever school gets registered the most wins a free concert right in their gym or performing arts center by One Direction. I really do want our school to win. The boys won't care but most the girls will go insane.

But I don't want to win. There are so many girls in my school who are prettier, funnier and bigger-boobed. I'm just saying I'm not the best apple in the tree. What if the boys fall in love with them and not me? The whole fantasy I have going on in my head will be ruined! What if Niall goes out with one of those girls. I'd be heartbroken. He's my favorite one.

I've loved Niall the most because he was always the happy one. I loved him the most before he got braces and had crooked teeth and was the least popular in the band. He did change throughout time a lot, but his laugh didn't. His laugh is the best laugh I have ever heard in my life. I could tell that if you were in a room with him, you couldn't help but smile or even grin. His charm is adorable. Trust me, the good-looks and Irish accent are a bonus. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same as I do. But at the same time, they don't.

The results for the contests are going to be announced tonight in two minutes. I'm already nervously fidgeting. We've had so many people register, including the many girls' boyfriends (who did it for them so they could be happy. I'm single oh). I actually do believe we have a high chance of winning.

So when I saw the post that NorthWood High School would be getting a free One Direction concert in their gym/performing arts center, I literally screamed.

I GO TO NORTHWOOD!

IM GETTING A FREE ONE DIRECTION CONCERT!

IM GOING TO SEE THE BOYS!

IM GOING TO SEE NIALL!

And I screamed all of those out loud and managed to twerk in my room while tearing up a little bit. I called my best friend and then we screamed simultaneously at each other. I didn't sleep all night.

I swear, I'm normal.