Promises

"Judging by the time, you may want to hurry up to bed, big day tomorrow." Professor Dumbledore said as they wrapped up their conversation on staying in this magical world or going back to Krystal's real world.

She gave him a questioning look. "What's so special about tomorrow?"

He was humored and his eyes displayed his hidden smile. "Of course while the classes have been cancelled...I was under the impression that you would be in the stands cheering on young Mr Diggory as he and the rest of the school champions take on their final Task."

Krystal literally slapped her forehead, "Oh my gosh...that's tomorrow?"

"Miss Montgomery," Dumbledore said as he walked her out of his office. "While saving the world is very important, we must make sure not to loses ourselves in it...now with that I bid you good night."

She made her way up to my bed, she suddenly felt like a horrible girlfriend and her body was drained. Sleep didn't come easy as her mind was filled with thoughts of staying or going. Ultimately she knew she couldn't just leave. She had opened up a new can of worms for this world and she knew she had to stay to right things, and selfishly this was the word she loved the most. The thought of never coming back hurt her more than thinking about being away from her family and friends back home.

She knew her family would be fine without her, they had Trent...and Roxy, while she was her best friend...Roxy had many friends in school plus her brother. And sometime while thinking about telling everyone back home goodbye for good she fell asleep.

Krystal woke up extra early and had to charm her face so she didn't look as tired as she really was.

She got dressed then headed down to the great hall, it wasn't nearly packed yet since it was only 6am but there were some early risers, luckily one of them was Cedric.

She went over to his house table and sat next to him.

"Good Morning My Love." Krystal said absolutely enamored with her boyfriend.

"Good Morning Darling, did you sleep well?" He asked as he pecked her lips.

"I slept fine, but it's you who I should be asking." She said with concern now as she noticed his dark circles and touched under his eyes delicately.

He chuckled and too her hands into his before he kissed her fingertips gently. "It was kind of a restless night for me last night, and now I can't seem to find an appetite." He said as he looked over at his untouched plate of food.

"Lets go." She said getting up.

He looked around then joined her.

Krystal led them to the room of requirements. "We could use a bit of a rest before your final task." She said softly. "And I don't know about you, but I don't really feel like being away from you right now."

Maybe Krystal was feeling a bit superstitious but she still worried about how this task would end, would her boyfriend walk out of the maze, or would Harry still end up bringing his dead body back.

"I always want to be with you." He purred in her ear.

His warm breath against her skin made Krystal shiver with love and excitement as they walked into the room.

This room was newer to them. Usually it's a sitting room with comfy sofas or areas set up for Cedric to practice for the upcoming tasks. But this one was a cozy bedroom. A large bed sat in the middle of the room, and since it's June the traditional fireplace was left unlit, but dozens of magicked candles were filling the room. They were honestly unnecessary but very lovely none the less.

Cedric grabbed her hand gently and led her to the bed.

Krystal felt those old butterflies in her stomach storm back up as she and Cedric were now in a very romantic setting all alone.

He stepped out of his shoes before pulling the blanket back. Krystal smiled and followed his lead by stepping out of her own shoes and this time (Still holding his hand) she got onto the bed.

He smiled down at her, "Scoot over you." He said sweetly before getting onto the bed himself and pulling the blanket up over them both. He pulled Krystal into his side gently before he kissed her forehead and caressed her face. "I'm so glad I met you Krystal." He said softly. "You mean everything to me, do you know that?"

Krystal blushed. "I love you Cedric Diggory, your the only boy I've ever loved and probably will ever love." She confessed.

He kissed her passionately, and had it been any other boy he might have taken advantage of the situation, but the fact that it was Cedric, ever the gentleman, he stopped before things got too heated, he kissed her nose and settled back against the bed.

"If we weren't still in school I would marry you."

Krystal hadn't expected him to say that. "Cedric I-"

"I mean it Krystal, I love you and I just can't imagine loving anyone else as much as I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you...and one day I will propose to you and I hope on that day you will say yes."

All she could do was kiss him once more.

How could she answer that, especially with the future so uncertain.

"So what does this mean?" Krystal asked with a huge smile on her face.

"I think we're engaged to be engaged." He said with a chuckle.

Soon after they Fell asleep in each others arms.

Hours later they woke up to a loud pop sound.

"Dobby?" Krystal asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Miss, Dobby apologizes for waking Miss, but the school is looking for Mister Cedric Diggory."

Krystal jumped up along with Cedric, he looked at his watch and then back at Dobby and Krystal.

He gave her a peck on the forehead "I'm going to borrow this." He said as he took her necklace.

"Hey," Krystal said getting a little choked up now, "I want you to bring that back to me safely, promise me."

He smiled. "I promise you'll get it back."

"No," Krystal said seriously, a tear fell down her cheek. "Promise me that YOU will bring it back to me, no amount of money or a trophy is more important than your Safety, please remember that."

He took her into his arms, he held her tight whilst he kissed her deeply.

"I promise."