Power of Love

I rush to Jara's cage, desperate to have a final moment with the my precious sister. The animal I heard growls again, fiercly and attacks Zara.

It's claws pierce her skin yet Zara throws the beast off effortlessly, creating a series of chains, chaining it to the wall. The creature whimpers.

"Good riddance." Zara says, brushing off her hands, now advancing towards us, her eyes alive, glinting with joy, because of the kill, the easy kill looming in front of her.

Sorry I think.

Don't worry Araj! You did your best! Even though... she fades off.

Even though my best wasn't enough? Even though we're going to die anyways? I demand Jara stays silent. We grasp hands through the cage and I feel Zara's presence.

"The two kids, the last of my kin. Now going to die. Thank you for the fun you have provided me." she laughs again

You know what, I actually feel pity for her you know. She's never known how to be loved and she was forced to doing this. Even though she is going to kill us. I think I do love her. Love her for trying not to kill us.

Trying not to kill us??? She's been trying this whole time. I insist

But she's been delaying the final moment until she can delay no longer.

I stop dead at her words. Jara did have a point. Maybe she's learning. Jara continues.

And now I realized how much I value other people in my life, mainly you Araj. I love you. I don't care if we're going to die now, at least you tried.

I love you too..Ja- I stop my thought as quickly as it started

Love? Love can be destructive and healing It' brings about strife to those who had it, and lost it, but it blesses those who have it. It is completely good, the evil trend being when it causes people to break apart. It begins relationships, and ends them. But could that be the answer?

It would be worth a try. I start off, sounding more confident than I really am.

"One second Aunty" I taunt. "You never said we had a limited time to answer them and I think I have the answer." Inspiration in desperation.

Araj, WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Jara cried

I'm saving our skin. I reply.

"Here's the deal. I get this wrong, feel free to eat us,or do whatever it is you do with your victims. If it's right... well you know what will happen."

"It's a deal." Zara agrees eyeing me carefully.

"The answer would be love." Immediately Jara's cage springs open and she steps out. I continue though, "Love can be destructive, when abused, as shown in your story, not having love is destructive, and it's healing to those who have it, like Jara and I, neither of us could live without the other." I reach for Jara's hand again and grasp it.

"It' brings about strife to those who had it, and lost it, like you,Zara, made like this because someone you potentially loved, the wizard, Defaj, couldn't save you, but it blessed those who have it. Jara and I, the Rose Queen and her last daughter, we were and are blessed with that love." Now I'm advancing on her, Zara is slowly backing up, unable to believe what I... no...what we... just did.

"It is completely good, the evil trend being when it causes people to break apart, one's heart is broken when someone they loved doesn't love them anymore. It begins relationships, and ends them."

"How did you..." Zara is in complete and total shock.

"All I can say is... NEVER underestimate the power of love." I say, ensuring Jara's hand is firmly in mine and we run while the castle explodes around us.