Chapter 5

A few days later
Taylor's pov
I'm just in my bedroom doing homework when there is a knock at the door. I know that it's my parents. I still haven't decided who I want to live with yet. I don't go downstairs and just plug my earphones into my iPod and listen to music.
I can faintly hear Noah and Richelle shouting at my parents. I take my earphones out and quietly walk up to the top of the stairs. I can see them shouting at each othrr.
"You can't take her!" Richelle shouts.
"We can and we will! We have a legal right to." My dad says.
Wait, I'm going with them? I walk downstairs.
"What's going on?" I ask, hoping that they won't say that I'm going with them.
"You're coming home with us darling!" My mum says and hugs me.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because we have a legal right to." Dad says.
"Oh ok." I say and look at Richelle and Noah who are frowning.
Noah puts his arm around Richelle who is about to cry.
"We'll come to collect you at ten tomorrow morning." Mum says and they both leave.
"I guess I'll pack my things." I say and walk upstairs.
Richelle's pov
As soon as Taylor leaves I burst into tears. She's actually going and never coming back.
"Richelle it's ok." Noah says and hugs me.
"It's not. She's not coming back." I say and sob.
"We'll get her back." He says.
"How?" I ask.
He pauses.
"I don't know. But I do know one thing, we'll get her back." He says.
"Remember when we first saw her? Remember when she cried when you left?" I ask.
"Yeah." He replies and keeps hugging me.
"That's all going to go." I say.
"Richelle, I promise you that we will get her back." He says and kisses my forehead.
"Promise?" I ask and look down.
He lifts my chin up so I'm facing him.
"I promise." He says and wipes away my tears.
He goes to make lunch and I walk over to the fireplace and sit in front of it. The fire is lit and I warm myself up. I look up to the mantelpiece and see pictures of our family. Me, Noah, Amber and Taylor. We're smiling in all of them and I see one of Noah and Taylor. I stand up and look at it. They're sitting on the grass in the park and Noah is tickling her. Taylor and Noah are both laughing. I smile as I see them smiling.
I then realise that I never asked Taylor's mother for the details of where she lives and her phone number. When she comes tomorrow I will get her details.
The next day
Noah's pov
Today Taylor is leaving. All three of us are sitting downstairs in silence, waiting for the knock at the door. Soon enough it comes and I open the door.
"Is Taylor ready?" The woman asks.
I nod and they barge past me into the house. In a few minutes, Taylor is going to be gone.
The lady grabs Taylor's hand when she pulls away.
"Wait." Taylor says and hugs Richelle tightly.
I wait by the door and when they leave, Taylor hugs me tightly and I hug her just as tightly back.
"I would've chosen to stay with you." She whispers into my ear and then she is pulled away and forced into the car.
Me and Richelle watch the car drive away. Richelle gasps.
"We have no way to contact them!" She says.
"I forgot to ask for their house address  and phone number!" She exclaims.
"How are we supposed to find her?" She asks.
"Relax, I have Taylor on my phone." I say.
She sighs with relief.
Taylor's pov
After about two hours of driving in their smelly car, we arrive at their house. This house is really old and every single plant in the front garden is dead. There are no neighbours and no social interaction for miles.
"When will you drive me to dance?" I ask.
"Dance is stupid. You're not going to dance anymore." They say.
"What about school and friends?" I ask.
"No school. No friends. No social interaction." The man says and grabs my phone.
I yell at him and he just pushes me inside. Now I have no way of contacting Richelle or Noah.
They show me my room. It's a tiny, cramped space with a small bed in the corner. Everything is covered in dust and there are no windows. The only thing I have that is modern is a tiny lamp in the corner that barely works.
I run to the top of the stairs to get some light when I see them going through my things and burning all the pictures of me, Noah, Richelle and Amber. I gasp but they don't see me.
"What a great way to kidnap someone." The man says.
My eyes widen.
"I know, that idea of us being her parents was genius." The woman says.
My jaw drops.
"How did you find out she was adopted?" The woman asks.
"I researched 'adopted kids in Toronto' and her name came up with her address." The man says.
"You're such a genius!" The woman says.
I run into my room. I need to get out of here now.