three

"Ashton!" Michael's over-enthusiastic voice called after me as I was walking down the school corridor to get to my classroom. Oh God. I had gotten up at 6 a.m to finish all my homework since I fell asleep, and I was feeling grumpier than ever. 6 a.m was not an appropriate time for anyone to get up at, and I felt truly sorry for those who had to do it everyday.

"Dude, the party on Saturday was wild, you should have been there!" my red-haired friend said as he walked up next to me, emphasizing the word 'wild'.

"Cool," I muttered, adding a small nod. I honestly couldn't have cared less right then and there.

"Hey, douche, show some enthusiasm for me," he said, or rather demanded.

"You went to a party Michael, that's not really special." I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"But I got laid," he grinned widely.

"Congrats." I don't care.

"What crawled up your ass this morning?" he asked with a frown after realizing that I really couldn't care less.

"Homework," I muttered. "I had to get up at 6 a.m to do my unfinished school work," I explained right after. Much to my surprise, he bursted into laughter. Well, at least he's having a good time.

"Why the fuck didn't you do your homework yesterday?" he managed to say between his laughs.

"Because I fell asleep," I muttered, not looking at him as I kept walking towards my classroom. Instead of saying anything he just laughed even more. What a great best friend I have. Isn't he just amazing?

"I was the one partying the night before, and even I managed to do my homework," he laughed loudly.

"Shut up." He didn't know about my job since it was pretty much top secret, so he didn't understand why I was so exhausted at times, and though it would have been nice to explain it to him, I couldn't. I wanted him to know, he was my best friend after all, but if I told him my father would probably kill me. He always said: "Don't tell anyone who you really are, you can't trust anyone but yourself." I got why, of course, but I still longed for my best friend to understand me sometimes.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," he laughed, clearly not even trying to stop.

"You're such an asshole," I said, rolling my eyes as we entered the classroom. We had Science first period, and we sat down by our usual seats at the back of the room.

"No, I'm a human," he said matter-of-factly. "A very good looking human, if I may say so myself."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes again while Michael looked at me with his infamous grin. He was so cocky, but I didn't mind. I had grown used to it over the years. We met the first year of high school, and it took some time for us to stop hating each other, but once we did we slowly became friends. Now it was our last year, and our friendship had only grown stronger and stronger over the course of the years.

"I don't understand why you don't want to admit it out loud, but I know that you secretly agree, so it's okay," he said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders and leaning back in his seat. I envied his great amount of confidence, I often wished he could rub some of it off on me, especially around girls.

"Oh, oh my God dude I forgot to mention, so there's this new girl that has started here, and she was at the party, and she's so fucking hot!" Michael excitedly half-whispered in an attempt to be discreet. Still, two girls who were sitting a few seats ahead of us turned around slightly and glanced at us while rolling their eyes. As if they are the most innocent people in the universe.

"A new girl has started here?" I asked curiously, ignoring the girls in front of us.

"Yes, but you're not getting the point. The important thing isn't that she's new, but that she's hot," he said, putting pressure on the word 'hot' to make it even clearer.

"But if she didn't-"

"Shhh."

"No, but that's not-"

"Shhhhhhhh." He put his finger over my lips, but not gently like they do in the movies, no, he smashed his index finger on my mouth as he shushed me again. God knows where those fingers have been.

I groaned and scowled over at him while I swatted his hand away. Just as I was about to say something the teacher walked in and told us to settle down before he started the class.

I always sat right next to the window, and I had a tendency to sit and look out of it instead of actually paying attention in class. It was a terrible habit I needed to get rid of, but I was always too busy looking out of the window to do anything about it. I hated it, but it was inevitable.

That cloud is shaped like a mushroom. Or... Yeah, no, let's say it's a mushroom. Mushroom is safer, in case anyone here can read minds or anything. Wouldn't really be surprised, considering my dad is Eros. If anyone here can read thoughts, they've probably stopped reading mine by now, though, they're too weird. Or maybe the person finds them funny. Whatever's they're cup of tea.

I had once again gotten distracted when I felt something hitting the back of my neck. I quickly turned around and saw Michael grinning like an idiot next to me.

"You spaced out," he mouthed, the childish grin remaining on his face even when I glared at him. Michael always took the chance to throw things at me whenever I got distracted or spaced out in class.

I rolled my eyes and looked down at my unopened books. The teachers must have really given up, because they never even bothered mentioning it when someone didn't pay attention or did what they were supposed to. I guess they must have just realized that there was no point in doing it anyways.

I forced myself to open up the textbook and find the page I was on. The pencil had been in my hand the entire time, but I had just been fidgeting with it instead of actually working. I opened up the notebook and started, but I only got to do a little bit before the class was over. Great job, Ashton. Great job.

I sighed as I packed my bags again, cursing myself mentally for wasting the entire class. That meant more work to do at home. Great.

The rest of the day I tried to do as much as possible in the classes, not wanting to have tons of work to do at home. Key word: tried. I didn't see Michael again until the day was over and I was walking home. He ran up in front of me and started walking backwards so he was facing me.

"Do you still have your fake ID?" he asked me.

"Uhm, yeah, why?" I squinted my eyes suspiciously. Michael had forced me to get one a couple of months ago, saying that I would definitely need it some time. I hadn't.  He grinned widely, obviously content with my reply.

"Because we're going to a concert on Saturday."

A/N: I have not read through this today and I don't have time to do so atm, so enjoy it as it is for now haha

I'm updating this from my phone with what I have left of data thanks to our lack of wifi and it feels weird posting a chapter from my phone idk

What do you think of Michael?

Any thoughts on the chapter? I know it's not really a special chapter, but hey, I tried

ily guys