Epilogue

Hand in hand Zaheer and P'Li led the way to their latest hideout, a small clearing in the woods by a river. It had been a couple of years since the four of them met. Zaheer and P'Li were in love. He protected her like she was made of glass, and although she didn't need his protection anymore, she enjoyed having him by her side. In fact, they were inseparable and anyone who attempted to separate them would face their wrath.

Ming Hua stayed with the group because of two reasons. One, she had nowhere else to go. Two, Ghazan. They never quite voiced their feelings, but the feelings were there. They felt it at night when they slept side by side at night. She knew it was there when he found water for her to bend. She knew it he once fed her because of the drought they found themselves in. He never said anything either because he didn't have the words to describe it, but he was sure he cared for her and was grateful that she stayed.

One night as P'Li created the campfire, a stocky man walked in the clearing. All four of them quickly took their stances, meanwhile Ghazan created a pool of lava separating them from the mysterious man. The man smiled and put his hands up.

"I'm not here to hurt you," he said.

"Who are you?"

"We've been watching you for some time now. We think we can help you," he said calmly.

"Who is we?" Zaheer asked again.

"Xai Bau sent me. He is the leader of the Order of the Red Lotus," he answered.

"Don't you mean the White Lotus?" Ming Hua asked. The world knew about the White Lotus and how they helped Avatar Aang defeat the Fire Nation.

"No. We are the Red Lotus. We are against oppression, the same way you are. We believe in freedom. But I'm sure you know a thing or two about that," he said looking at P'Li who looked away. "Like I said, we've been watching you for a while. Xai Bau is anxious to meet you."

"Why should we go?" Zaheer asked.

"Because, together we can free this world of the injustice and oppression. I won't force you to go, but think about it. I will be back in the morning for your decision," the man said.

"What's your name?"

"Kyoto," he answered.

Kyoto turned away and started disappearing into the forest when Zaheer suddenly stopped him. "Wait," Zaheer yelled. "We'll go with you," he said clasping P'Li's hand.

"I will too," Ghazan said remembering his sister in the hand of that detestable man.

"Me too," Ming Hua said soon after.

The group picked up their things and followed Kyoto to meet a new friend, Xai Bau. Little did they know their lives would change forever.