The Tremendous Adventures of a Teenage Ginger

Ch. 1: The New Girl

"Excuse me, I'm new here, could you help me find my dorm? I'm terribly lost."

"No."

At that one word, Blaise was completely taken aback. "Excuse me?"

"No," the boy before her repeated, his eyes already returning to the book in his lap, his utter disinterest clear.

"And why not?" Blaise asked, folding her arms and trying but failing to keep the crossness out of her voice.

"Because I don't want to," the dark haired boy answered simply. "And besides, you'd try to lure me into your room."

"What makes you think that?" Blaise asked with a frown. She didn't want to be building a reputation here already.

The boy's eyes raked the redhead critically. "Your appearance. You look like a harlot, and first impressions are never wrong."

"Of course they are," Blaise answered. "You looked at first glance like a kind and helpful person and clearly, you aren't."

The boy rolled his eyes. "Correction: /My/ first impressions are never wrong. Those of mere mortals can be."

Blaise raised a single eyebrow. "Mere mortals? And what are you?"

"I'm Christian," the boy answered simply, clearly either avoiding the point of the question or missing it completely. "And I don't feel compelled to share anything further with a complete stranger, especially one who also happens to be a harlot."

"Blaise Williams," Blaise answered, though she hadn't been asked. She was obviously already annoyed with these accusations of her being, quite frankly, a whore, particularly coming from someone who had just admitted to not knowing her at all.

"Did I ask you?" Christian asked in reply. His eyes once more drifted to the book in his lap as though he were already very bored with all of this.

"No, but it's polite to introduce oneself," Blaise recited as though this were a very simple fact of life that she were teaching to a small child.

"Yes, before you climb into bed with them," Christian added quickly with a roll of his eyes. "Now shoo. Find someone else to sleep with. I'm not interested in whatever diseases I'm sure you're dying to sell me."

So, with an eye roll to reciprocate Christian's, Blaise did just that - she left, wandering the halls in search of some other male, because as Christian had surely already guessed, she found that those were the most likely to help her out.