Chapter Nine

[UPDATED VERSION: Checked grammar and everything c: ]

[ Yato's POV ]

"Let her go she has nothing to do with this!!!" I yelled, "Yukine has nothing to do with it either! Don't bring innocents into this fight Alistair!"
He looked at me through his coward mask with it's green and black designs and hints of white. "Yato God. I'm surprised that you don't realise we aren't bringing them into the fight for no reason!" Alistair said. "We need the girl."
My eyes widened as I realized what they were going to do. Suddenly something rammed into my head somehow knocking me flat out into darkness.

[ Yui's POV ]

I woke up in cell, bars in front of me. Is this a kind of prison or something? I sat up and glanced around, not even going to call for anyone, knowing I'd get no help. I walked to the bars, holding my head with my hand and took my hand away, realising that a pair of icy blue eyes were staring at me. "Yato?" I said aloud. "Yui, are you... okay?" He asked. Yukine was behind him.
"Yeah.. my head just hurts a lot." I said and rubbed my forehead. Yato looked at me and his expression softened. I perked up with an idea. "Yato, try calling my name." I said. "Why?" He asked. "Baka!" I mumbled. "So that I don't have to be alone in this cell!" I said. Yato looked at me for a second and the his eyes widened realising something and he reached out a hand. "Ekke." Yato said in a low voice so no one could hear, and then I found my self in his hand. He pulled me through the bars and waved me around, cheering a silent victory. "Now drop me on the outside of the bars."
"Why?"
"Yato just do it." I sighed. Yato grumbled something and placed me gently outside the cell. I soon reverted back to human form, standing in the hallway, I wiped dust off my white sweater and black skirt. "Wow your so gentle Yato." I teased, walking over to the cell door.

[ Yato's POV ]

I watched Yui walk over to the pad locked door. "Yui, it's a padlock" I said. "Got it." She said, opening the door. "How--"
"It was 123..." Yui stated. I sighed. Man this girl. She's a keeper.
I love you. Her words rang in my head bringing back the memory of the kiss. I can't love a Regalia, I'm a god. Expecially if it's my own one..
"Yato." I looked up at Yukine and I could hear his thoughts. ' 'Just tell her how you feel you cowardly God.'
"Yukine..." I mumbled. "Yato, Yukine, are you coming?" Yui asked. I turned to look at her and she was leaning forward so we could hear her small quiet hushed voice. She was a bit close. "Yeah." I said, and she grabbed me by the hand and pulled me down the hall with her, Yukine was in the lead. "Its up those stone steps." She stated flatly. "How did y--"
"Can't you clearly see the sign above the door reading exit? Or can you just not read?" Yui asked, getting a bit annoyed. I looked up and saw the glowing red exit sign above the door. "Oh, right." I said as I followed her.

(Author-Chan: *sigh* Typical Yato.)

[ Yui's POV ]

I walked up the steps silently with Yato and Yukine following me. Then I heard the soft step of foot on pavement up ahead as we reached the room that had been above us. Apparently this was a shrine. A shrine where they hold other gods and their Regalias hostage. The foot steps stopped when they came around the corner. It was a tall man with slicked back blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He kinda looked like... a girl. Once he noticed us, I saw someone fill in behind him holding a bow. A Regalia with a weapon. Oh shit. I dove out of the way just in time, the arrow barely missing me and breaking in the stone brick wall. "Yui-" Yato began but was interrupted by the man who followed wo-man out, talking. "How did you dodge my arrow.. you weren't even paying attention-"
"I have eyes. And I see every thing." I spoke, stepping forward. "You guys really should've questioned before capturing me, that will probably be the last mistake you have.
"Come, Ekke!" Yato said and I felt myself be lifted from the ground and formed into a scythe, light surrounding me. "Yato, be as reckless as you'd like I can take it." I smirked. "Aww, sweet weapon of death I wasn't planning to be too reckless." Yato teased. "Yukine stay back." Yato said calmly. Yukine nodded and stayed against the wall. "Ready Katsu?" Yato asked, naming my vessel's name. I smirked. "Always."
He charged forward bearing the blade of the scythe as a green light flashed behind it as he ran and swung it at girly man who leapt back accidentally pushing two Regalias over. Girly man obviously wasn't a God. Before my blade bit the wall, Yato stopped it and jabbed the slick top side of the blade into his gut. "While we're at it, could you name yourself?" Yato asked as the girl man grabbed a sword that was beside him and found his footing. "Altrode, son of Alistair." He spoke, wiping blood from his mouth. "What is up with God's having babies these days.." Yato muttered as the thick plastic part of the scythe clashed with the blade he used.
I soon noticed the guy slip his sword down on Yato's fingers but before he did that I moved on my own, jabbing the pointy end into his side and bashed him against the wall. "Thanks Yui." Yato said and sighed, leaping back half way down the hall as the boy, Altrode retreated , two Regalias charged. "Borderline!" A thick voice called and a line went up between us and the two armed Regalias. I saw a short girl with long dark purple hair that was at her waist. The girl seemed to be at least half the height of me. She wore a cloak of white and had black leggings on with a knife on her thigh and a black t-shirt the short girl seemed like those shota girls from the mangas Sukki used to read when she was around. The girl had purple eyes and soon was joined by a tall butler dressed man who held his fingers out which were covered by white gloves. He had a suit and tie and was very formal. "Lady Reena?" The butler man asked slightly. "Get them to Kasumi I got these guys." The small girl said, "and I told you to call me Ree."
"My apologies Ree, and right away." The butler man spoke, he was young and had ruffled hair with two yellow eyes. The butler looked at us and revoked his border line, walking. I shifted back and grabbed Yato and Yukine by the wrist. They want us to follow don't they?" I asked and pulled them quickly after me. Yukine wedged his wrist free but kept following, Yato just let me drag him. "Who are you?" I asked the butler trying to get the topic of me holding Yato's hand off my mind. "My name is Simone. I am Ms Reena's Regalia and lover." He said kindly. He was young, around his pre adult hood. Wait, lover? I felt Yato tense up a bit in my grip and I let go thinking is was hurting him and he kept pace with me. "I'm assuming you are Ayui, Yato-gami's new Regalia and Ms Ayame's former one." Simone said as they came to a halt at a big wooden door. He knocked lightly five times in a pattern and it opened, "Will Reena be okay back there?" I asked before he led us through, "without a regalia and all?" The butler just smirked. "People assume height mean every thing, she's probably knocked them all on their asses by now and is on her way back." Simone said as we entered. The room had few people in it. It had two twins, a boy and a girl who stood beside a tall maid looking Regalia, it held a white haired Kasumi who was standing beside her Regalia, Sakura. "Ah, Yato God, Yukine, Yui, Your all well on assume?" She asked as she spotted us.
I glanced around a bit and nodded my head up and down as my answer, curious of everyone around me. I spotted two boys who stood next to a window, they were the same height, one had brown hair and blue eyes the other had blonde hair and green eyes. I could see the blonde tense a bit at my name and I titled my head curiously as I watched the brown haired one put a hand on his shoulder and the blonde seemed to calm. "Now, you guys may be wondering who all these peope are." Kasumi said formally, nodding her head with a cool gaze as she raised a hand, dismissing Sakura to go back with the maid and twins where she hung quietly.
"The twins are Sakura's younger siblings, they were found all together in a pack of three, the two young ones names are Asumae and Alvermae, Asu and Alve for short, the maid is Kagamine." Kasumi said pausing before she turned to the other side of the room. "Those two by the window are Tatsuya and Kycae. Which we call.. Tatsuya and Kyc." Kasumi said softly with a small smile. "And then you've already met Reena and Simone." I nodded and suddenly felt a warm hand in my own. I glanced up to see Yato beside me and blushed a bit but calmed myself down as I looked back at Kasumi. "Wait, so you are here, you save us, you introduce us to people, and you don't even explain why you guys are here?" I started and blinked. "Rescue missions ordered by Azulia. She knows what Jayce does is wrong and so, she has been helping everyone escape... everyone in this room was once in a cell up there, including me." Kasumi said, suddenly informal. There was a long pause before the boy, Kycae spoke. "Uh, Kasumi we all need to go, Kaito can feel foot steps coming towards the room. And they aren't good ones." I blinked and looked at the boy. Be seemed very familiar, his voice extremely familiar. I know this boy but, I just can't remember..

"Yui get Sukki." A tall boy spoke, "yes Brother." I spoke and had made a giant mistake, leaving him beneath that cherry tree to find Sukki.

I blinked, snapping back into reality and stumbled a bit. "Yui are you okay?' Yato said, helping me keep balanced. "Uh, yeah I just had a thought for a second." I said calmly and smiled softly. Yato seemed worried for a second then nodded before he led me to a window where everyone was slipping out. The last ones to exit was Kasumi and, Sakura. Once we were far from that abandoned castle place which --wasn't really abandoned.-- We reached a forest and separated into two groups. The group's were Me, Yato, Yukine, Asumae and Alvermae, and Kagamine. The second one was Tatsuya, Kycae, Kasumi, Sakura, Simone, and Reena.
"Okay, Kagamine's group will go around towards the lake and my group will head around the cabin path and then to the lake to meet you guys." Kasumi ordered. "Have a safe journey, Ms Kasumi." Kagamine said neatly and maid like. "You too Kagamine." Kasumi said and headed out
I stood there for a second before I felt someone grab my hand and pull me and realized it was Yato. "Stop zoning out Yui." He said as we walked, all the way to the lake, hand in hand.