p. 10

Ken helped me out of his truck and he took my hand, leading to the other side of a good sized trailer which most likely held his practice bike.
I nearly jumped when I came face to face with Carey Hart. He was sporting a warm smile, accompainied by his always stunning blue eyes.
"You must be Elaine. Nice to meet you, I'm Carey." He said, patting my shoulder. "Ditto." I said back with a smile. Then he walked past me to Ken. They chatted for a few minutes, and then they unloaded the Suzuki from the trailer.
Ken dropped the tailgate of the truck and put his red Fox racing gear on. Then I sat on the tailgate as he started the bike.
Carey came and joined me after a few seconds,
"Kenny tells me you're a big fan." he started.
"Well, yeah. I got into Freestyle Mx because of you." I said.
"That may or may not be a good thing." He said.
"I only broke my Leg twice and my wrist three times." I said, eyeing the permanent scar on my left wrist.
He sucked in through his teeth.
"Yikes. yeah im probably not the best guy to look up to." He told me winking.
"Im still here, so I guess it was alright." I said.
"So, How did you get into mechanics?" he asked.
"My uncle. He is a mechanic and I would walk to his shop every day after school and help him." I explained.
"Nice. So are Ken and you sharing a professional relationship or a romantic one?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised. I considered my answer.
"More professional than romantic. but there is a little something there." I said.
"Well, thats good, What do you say we go watch him?" He said. I nodded and followed him to the top of a triple landing. Ken was flying over the whoops and made a sharp right turn to a short double before hitting the triple we were standing on. He whipped purposely and landed elegantly on the red dirt.
I smiled and placed a hand on my hip.
The second time he came around to the triple, He slowed and rolled over them, coming to an easy stop where Carey and I were standing. "Need a break, Champ?" Carey asked. Ken shrugged, so I began walking to the truck. "C'mon kenny." I yelled. I heard the bike roll beside me and Ken took his helmet off.
"Nice whip." I complimented. "Only for you Elaine." He said, grinning proudly.
"You ready for that race tomorrow?" I asked him once he successfully removed his racing jersey.
"Of course. Are you?" He asked.
"Duh Roczen." I said.
"Good deal, I'll need the support." He said.
Carey was generous enough to take us to Jimmy Johns to eat (Get it? am I funny yet seriously I love that place though.)
we ate and talked about how they thought tomorrow would go down.
"Kenny, you gotta get that holeshot man. Thats everything." Carey said.
Ken looked unfazed as if he had heard this before.
"Got it." He replied.
"Hows that ankle?" Carey asked.
"Good as new." Ken said.
"And your back?" I jumped in.
"All better." He said.
I smiled, Theres no stopping this man.

Heyyy! Been forever and I am so so so so sorry! but theres finally an update!!
supercross starts Saturday and I am sooo excited!! Kenny gonna get them.
On to A1! If you have any suggestions or want to be in this story, feel free to messege me, If you wanna just have a normal chat or befriend me my snapchat is May_May025 and my twitter is @ChefCurry9 so yeah!