Chapter Four: Re Visiting Family

《Note: The chapters which contain this note have been pre - written and uploaded from my fanfiction.net account Mythology.Geek.Girl . They aren't my best but they get better. I'm not very good at updating stories but I update as much as possible. Enjoy!》

- □ - □ - □ -

A small boy with bright gold eyes opened his hands to see...

A small bird. It was obviously built for speed. The young boy almost shouted out with glee. He'd caught it, he'd finally caught it. Now before you go calling the boy crazy or obsessed, you need to know the details. A few years ago the boy couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. A couple of times after he caught a green blur out the corner of his eye. That was all he ever saw, his mother always insisted that he never saw anything. Ha he'll show her. HE HAS PROOF! Though he still remembers the first time he saw it about a year ago...

There was that green blur again. Closer this time. Ignoring his mother calling his name. He dashed off after it. Where the young boy lacks in speed he made up for intelligence. His guardian angel. That's what his mother originally called it. Somebody who was there when nobody else was. On more than one occasion the boy was caught talking to nobody.

Aha a short cut. The boy took a sharp left stumbling all the way. Barley holding his footing, the boy made a break for the clearing up ahead. He was met by the bottom of a mountain range. Letting out a long sigh he focused on one of his previous lessons with his mother; teleportation. Despite the fact he wasn't very good at it, he was desperate. He needed to meet his guardian angel. He has too.

The young boy took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He focused on the location he was in and then the location he wanted to be. He channelled all his energy to his chest and then...

Gone.

The boy felt like he was being broken apart and then re-assembled. Slowly the boy pried open his eyes. There was a man. The man had his back to him, wearing a long cloak with a hood on his head. The boy's breathing sped up. This was him. It had to be. His guardian angel was there, several meters in front of him. Yet the boy couldn't move. He was rooted to the spot. Afraid that it'd all go wrong.

The green blur approached the man. It landed on the man's outstretched hand hidden from view. A few minutes pasted. The boy still couldn't move, still paralysed.

The blur left.

The man turned to face him. His mouth was visible from towards the bottom of his hood, his bright green eyes bore through the darkness that shrouded the rest of his face. The man gave him a small smile before fading into the wind.

The boy walked home in shock that night.

These thoughts continued to run through his mind as he ran towards his home. That had to be his guardian angel and this, this small bird in his hands must work for him. The thought made him giddy with excitement.

He burst through the door. "Mum. Mum, come here I need to show you something!" Butterflies flutter in his stomach. His mother melted out of the ground, heavily pregnant.

"Kronos, you better have a good reason for waking me up." The boy's -Kronos' -mother yawned whilst rubbing his temples. Kronos went to reply when a voice spoke up.

"Mother I believe that you should here Kronos out." Kronos' mother looked startled as a figure emerged from the shadows to the left of Kronos. Standing there was Iapetus.

Yet before anybody could even think about responding a wind swept through the room, a voice following in its wake. "Yes Gaea or should I say mother," the voice spat the word mother with so much venom Gaea noticeably flinched. "I believe you should listen to Kronos." The voice noticeably softened when it said the name of his youngest brother. Directly after the voice finished talking a man materialised in the room. He had a long dark cloak on, with a hood covering his whole face except his mouth. Glowing green eyes pierced through the darkness of his hood.

Kronos' breathing hitched.

His hands released what he was holding.

There he was.

His guardian angel.

The bird flew towards the man landing on his shoulder. A smile appeared on the lower half of his face, before once again vanishing.

Iapetus snorted, bringing Kronos out of his trance, "that is what you were waiting for?" The man slapped Iapetus on the back of his head, continuing to murmur some selective foul words. "Dam Pers- Percy you curse like a mad man!" Iapetus exclaimed. Only to be hit on the back of his head once again. This time though Iapetus retaliated by shoving the man -Percy -back a full force. This caused Percy to stumble, the hood falling off of his head. Standing there was another Iapetus. Kronos had to blink several times just to register what he was seeing. Standing in front of him was Iapetus but not Iapetus, this was Percy. Percy had black hair silver strips, Iapetus had silver with black strips. Percy had bright green eyes which seemed to swirl and dance, whereas Iapetus had silver eyes which seemed to sparkle and provide light. Yet the thing which made the difference really obvious between them was the fact that Percy had a jagged white scar which started on his left temple, traveling all the way down to his collar bone before disappearing beneath his cloak.

Gaea let out a sharp gasp. Finally managing to react to what was playing out around her. Anger was written all over her face as she pointed at Percy, "You!" She spat. Detest evident in her voice. Percy chose to ignore her, he turned to Kronos.

Percy crouched down so he was level with Kronos. A small smile etching onto his features. "Hi buddy. You haven't actually met me before but I'm your big brother, the twin of that nitwit over there." Percy pointed behind him with his thumb. Earning an irritated 'hey' from Iapetus and a small giggle from Kronos (*). Gaea continued to yell at Percy to leave him alone. Percy continued to ignore her. "You need to follow your heart and not let anybody else tell you otherwise, alright? Alright." Percy reached into the pocket of his cloak. Intern pulling out a small scythe shaped badge. Placing it into Kronos' hand he continued, "The badge will make more sense when you're older. *sigh* I have to leave know okay? Don't worry I'll still be watching from a distance." Percy looked at the bird on his shoulder. "Isn't that right Eliza?" The bird let out a small tweet as if confirming his sentence.

Percy made to stand but was soon enveloped in a hug from Kronos. Tears fell from the young boy's eyes as he said goodbye to his new found brother. Percy stroked his back before saying goodbye back to him.

Standing up Percy sent a nod to Iapetus, before vanishing in a gust of wind.

Defiantly his guardian angel.

(*) Trust me, I'm going somewhere with the innocence that kronos has.》》