Part 1

A/N
Welcome aboard my awesome tale (OK that was lame). Anyway, this is how my story starts...with these two wonderful people that I hope you will like. I have been wanting to do something like this for so long but haven't had the time and courage....something about people reading my writing sets me off.
Just a little advice, be who you want to be and do what you want to do, be your own motivation. Only a few things matter at the end of it all
ENJOY :)

I looked at the clock hung up well above and saw what time it was. Crap! I got carried away watching Graceland, yet again. I sprang up from the sofa and quickly went into the room, grabbed my abaya, did my hijab and took the car keys and my bag. Waiting for the lift to reach our floor took forever and it finally made that annoying sound on reaching. I hopped in and pressed the P button then moved to the side of the lift to give other people coming in space. Wish I could fly myself to waitrose Ya Rabb I don't have time, I thought.

"You know worrying is not good for my little muffin" a familiar voice called and I smiled before speaking up knowing who it was

"hey Sarah, sorry I didn't notice you here, I'm in such a hurry.....i feel like flying right now" we all laughed "and I'm not worried, just scared that lack of time would ruin my plans for today"

she touched my little bump and said " what is the occasion?"

I smiled "it's Sultan's birthday, he is 26 today"

the elevator came to a stop at the parking lot and I got out, Sarah following suit

"oh wow, happy birthday to him, please send my regards. Let me not hold you, I hope it turns out well" she smiled

"thanks Sarah" she hugged me and pecked both of my cheeks "sure, take care of my little mufs" "sure will" I said as we took our separate routes.

I got in the car and drove off. My thoughts drifted to Sarah as the traffic light turned red. It's good to have sweet neighbours especially in a place that you don't have enough family, in my case, no family at all. Sarah had been nice to me right from the beginning. When we first moved in I had whined and whined to sultan about how marina was for the rich arabs (I'm not a racist nor a hater I promise) and we will die alone in our apartment without anyone ever knowing because I was so convinced it lacked that sense of neighbourhood. He says the same thing whenever I start my whining -"think of the perks it comes with, better, comfy apartment with a cool view and few minutes away from my office and yours. Besides, I'm sure there are one or two nice people. keep an open mind" I had roll my eyes and sigh but Sarah and her husband proved him right. The green light came on and I fled to marina mall where the departmental store I was going to is.

I scurried down the hall, taking the elevator down to the floor and directly into waitrose. Thank god the mall isn't gigantic, if it was Dubai mall, i would have given up.

I passed through people, some bumping into me, dodging a few and failing in most cases but I didn't care. All I wanted was to reach the shelves, pick up the few things I needed and pay, pay....oh God help me, let there not be a long queue at the counter.

Olive oil, garlic and chilli powder.....kitchen towel....what else...urggg. I dug my hand into my bag and got the small list I made...yup, forgetting one of the most important things, so me. I walked briskly to the freezers and took out one puff pastry, got some things for salad on the way and rushed to join the queue at the counter.

I reached home at four which was when the adhan for asr was being called. After dropping the groceries on the kitchen slab, I headed to the room to say my asr prayer. Took me about 20 minutes to say my prayer after which I went to the kitchen and got cooking with all my might.

I sat in front of the mirror contemplating which set of earings will match best with my halter neck emerald green gown. I sat there for what seemed like decades switching between the pairs i have and finally decided on silver studs. I knew sultan would be here any minute so I gathered myself up and slip into my silver jimmy choo slingback. Taking one last look at the mirror, I added a little bit of mascara and smudged my lips. Sultan isn't the guy for makeup, he prefers it natural so I made sure to keep it as natural as possible. I descended the stairs and inhaled the lavender scent that has filled the living room. Looking around, I felt satisfied with every detail of the arrangement. My eyes flickered to the door as I heard the twitching sound of the key card going in. I smiled and quickly went and stood by the door. Sultan opened up and halted on seeing me, he face palmed

"Geez manny, you scared the crap out of me" I smiled and gave him a tight hug " did I now?" I pecked him on his cheek "Happy birthday tee, I love you"

Releasing him from the hug, I held him at arm's length scrutinising his candle lit face. He gave out a very warm smile and embraced me again "thank you manny, I missed you today"

"how was your trip?" I asked letting my arms fall to my sides " well as good as a work trip could be on a Saturday" he said rolling his eyes

"You look beautiful" he said taking my hand in his

I beamed a wide grin and led him in.

*****************************************************

Crosses fingers! Guys tell me what you think 

Thanks xx