Today Is The Day

(This is told in Dan's POV by the way)

"This week is going to be packed, huh?" My mom said as she put the bacon on my plate. "Meeting your best friend and soulmate in the same weekend."

I looked down at my wrist.
14 hours and 57 minutes left, but who's counting?

I was incredibly anxious; Meeting your soulmate is supposed to be romantic, but I know that I'd screw something up.

At first I thought my friend I met on the internet, Phil, would be him as he'd be here around the same time as my clock went off, but still too late. These things are never wrong.
He'd be here an hour before it happened.

This was beyond nerve wracking. Meeting a new friend was hell enough to deal with but my soulmate would be even worse.
Of course I'm excited also, but I'm so worried that something's going to happen.

My mom recognizes my anxiety over it and pats my head.
"Daniel, there is nothing you can that would stop them from loving you" She said softly as she hands me my plate.

I'm not really hungry, but I chew into the bacon in hopes to distract myself.

I manage to keep my food down and grab my bag. I tell my mom goodbye as I walk into the brisk winter air.

I sat at the bus stop impatiently. I was ready to get today over with. The bus was always a little late but today was different.

At least it was Friday. School was a problem in its own but I'm sure today is going to drag on even longer. I would skip the day, as my mom would've allowed it but there's no way I could keep myself distracted that long.

I see the bus pull around the corner. I breathe a sigh of relief and step on. I always sat in the middle. Not too close to be weird, and not too far to be around all that noise.

I pop in my headphones and drift off. It was 7:30 but I could barely sleep at all last night.

Next thing I hear is the heavy stomps of people leaving. I quickly grab my bag and squeeze my way through the mass of tired zombies.

Classes dragged on for what seemed like forever but I wasnt really paying attention. I'll just copy Chris's homework. I typically talk to him before I get on the bus back home but he's on a date with his soulmate, PJ.

They met when they were 5. How easy that must've been; I'd kill for it to be that easy. They are almost inseparable now, even for soulmates, its a bit much.

A puff off mist smokes out of my mouth as my breath meets the chilly air. The sky was dark, it might even snow.

I wouldn't mind being out of school but I still can't stand this weather.

I look down at my wrist
5 hours, 32 minutes

I need to stop looking, its making it worse. I quickly got off the bus, making sure I had extra time to get ready.

I had to be at the airport in 5 hours so that means I have 4 to get ready.
That should be enough time but I want to be ready as soon as possible.

Its a bad habit, I know. I'm ready and I still have an hour before I need to leave. I'm trying to drain my brain's activity by watching some anime but I couldn't focus on anything but the clock on my wrist.

I managed to not explode for the past hour. I sat ready in the car. I wonder if Phil ever met his soulmate. We didn't really talk about it. Not that it was a weird topic, but more so because we just never felt like we needed to.

I, of course, told him about my clock almost being up but like I said, it was an hour after he arrived.

I looked out the window but there wasn't much to really look at.
Nothing I haven't already seen. Thankfully the car ride took less time than it felt like.

I walked into building trying hard not to scratch my skin nervously.

Its late, Phil's late. I started to wonder if he'd show up. It had been almost an hour since he was supposed to show.

I look down at my wrist. Maybe this was supposed to happen. Maybe I should stay here until my clock went off. There's no soulmate at my house.

Well I mean, my laptop could possibly be. I chuckled to myself.

30 minutes

Nothing. Not a single sign of my raven haired friend.

10 minutes

I start to feel tired. This was taking forever. I tried not to get impatient. I had waited this long, I can wait ten more minutes.

30 seconds.

Oh god this is it. This is the moment. I run a hand through my hair. I bet I look like shit. I just need to get this over with.

5 seconds.

Oh god oh--

"DAN!" Someone's shout snaps me out of my thoughts.

I look up, Phil.

My clock goes off.

This is it, I run towards him, and hug him. He chuckled, he knew. His arms wrapped around me.

"Sorry, the flight was delayed."

"I was so worried. I thought you weren't going to show and then I would have to be soulmates with my laptop."

He laughed even harder.

"Did you know?" I asked.

"From the moment I skyped you." He said in a fained dreamy tone.

"Shut up you cheesy fuck."

A/N-- I rushed to finish this so its a little sloppy. Forgive me pls. Also, the times might be off because I was too lazy to check. ANOTHER THING. I know that he wouldnt need a plane to visit him, it just sounded better that way idk.

ANYWAY. Please leave a comment if you liked it.

Excuse me while I take a twelve hour nap.