The Convention

This is a one-shot that features explicit sexual content and referenced/implied rape/non-con and referenced/implied abuse.

It also is consistent with Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamics found on AO3 (where you can also find my stories and even some that I don't publish here).

I hope you guys enjoy and remember the warnings.

***

"You look great sweetie." Talia said, though she stills adjusted Derek's red tie to her liking.

He stared at his own reflection. It's a very rare occasion that Derek dressed up. As he thought further about this, he realized the only time he does dress up is for the convention.

This time though, his mother bought him a new suit, believing that his sophisticated style would reign in an omega.

The onyx slacks and button up matched perfectly with his jacket and shoes, and the red tie he wore emulated his crimson Alpha eyes.

His beard was groomed neatly and hair styled smoothly. His shoes shined and his teeth sparkled.

On all aspects physically, he was ready.

"Are you ready?" Talia asked, smoothing his tie down, satisfied.

This was a tough question really. He had been to the convention several times, yet had never came back with an omega. It wasn't uncommon for Alphas to just walk in and find an omega, leaving shortly after. There were times of course though, that Alphas took their time and still ended up not finding an omega that time around. The only thing that separates those Alphas from Derek, was Derek's status.

Derek was an Alpha in one of the largest packs in all of North America. The Hale pack was notorious for being the nicest ruthless killers you had ever met. They were fearless and strong, while being strategic in the way they went about everything. Their looks could kill and the flick of a nail could end you, yet they were welcoming. Some people chalked it up to their good looks or their sweet talk, but somehow the Hales always drew you in. It's how their pack got so big in the first place. Though you were terrified, you couldn't stay away from them.

Derek himself is a whole other subject. He has been through rigorous training of every kind, sculpting his mind, body, and emotions to perfection. He's impeccably smart, impossibly strong, and looks death in the face and laughs. He has been through every kind of combat training, passing all without any struggle and even ended up teaching many forms of training better than his instructors.

He's audacious and his pours seem to leak confidence. He's an impeccable leader and Alpha, which he demonstrates in battle and in his own home.

He's oozes sex appeal and is accustomed for anything you throw at him.

He has been through every omega training there is, often times completing the unnecessary and un-required training to make sure he is well equipped for any situation possible.

He is utter perfection.

Except for one thing. He still didn't have an omega. The one thing he needed to make him stronger, if that is even possible. The one thing to bring his pack together. The one thing to make him whole. One to share his time, priorities, and love with. The one thing he couldn't seem to get.

"Yes, I am ready." Derek's face was stoic in the mirror. He would never show his contemplations and doubts in the face of anyone, especially another Alpha.