Chapter One

The Koda family had, for as far back as anyone could remember, grown up in the mid rim territories on the lush green planet of Naboo, along side the Naberrie family.

The closeness of the two family was— by nature— brought on by proximity. Only to be further increased by the noble Jedi services the Koda family had provided for the Naberries.

Dimes Koda, however, wasn't the Naberrie's bodyguard, he was simply and old friend that wouldn't hesitate to help them out in a time of need.

The Naberries had never had a force sensitive child. The family's strong point was more communal. They did things such as worked in public service department's.

The reassuring protection offered by their neighbours was something they had been forever grateful for. The Naberrie tried their best to repay the family in the best way they knew how;  lavish dinners, banquets, assistance wherever their skills applied.

No one every thought of breaking the centennial bond the family held.

Dimes Koda and Nuwee Naberrie had grown up together, in a small mounting side village. Only leaving each others sides when Dimes was called into the Jedi order. After completing his training, Dimes returned to his home planet of Naboo where he met Karka. The two fell instantly head over heels for each other and weren't able to wait another day.

Understating the firm rules of the Jedi code, Dimes decided to make the difficult choice to leave the order, three years later.

It was a cold and raining day, which seemed appropriate for the occasion; the order was losing a highly skilled member of their council. The goodbye was sad, though Dimes couldn't be happier.

A child came quickly after their marriage. A beautiful blonde by the name of Mace. Typically a male given name, she was named after Master Mace Windu who Dimes had been apprenticed to during his Padawan training years.

The Naberries had already bore two daughters of their own; Sola and her sister Padmé, a few years prior.

The three girls got along perfectly, welcoming Mace in like their own little sister. Due to the minimal age gap between the girls, they'd gotten along extremely well, and has spent most if not every night together.

It was like most normal days; the three young girls were found running around the small house is tiaras and beautiful dresses that Jobal Naberrie had lent them for play time. A loud frantic knock at the door, seemed to not even phase the girls.

The knock came again, this time pulling the eldest girl to attention. "Mom!" Sola called, too engrossed by their game to spend anytime of her own time answering the door.

Mrs. Naberrie swept through the kitchen, her own light pink dress elegantly flowing behind her as her soft heels click against the stone floors, while she gets to the front door. Once it's pulled open it reveals Mace mother, looking franticly panicked, along with Mace's father, who was smiling wide and proudly.

Mrs. Naberrie usher they two frantic parents, inside quickly before closing the door behind them.

"What's happening?" She asks quickly, keeping her voice low so the children don't hear her speak.

"They're-" Mrs. Koda's voice cracks, a tear slipping down her tan cheek. Mrs. Koda never cried, at least not that anyone had ever seen.