Chapter 2

"I'm home right now with Leland." Alexis responded. Her tone changed into one of worry. "Why? What's wrong? Are mom and dad okay?"

I let out a shaky breath as I got into my car.

"Mom... She's sick. I left her at the hospital. She didn't want me to stay with her. I wanted to stay but she wouldn't let me." I said with a shaky tone." I don't know about dad. I'm about to go and check at his job. Alexis, I need you to pack for yourself  and Leland. Food, clothes, water, and whatever you have that can be used to protect yourself. Lexi, something is going on."

I paused to take in a breath. I didn't quite understand what was happening myself.

"Everyone is going crazy. So please. Don't question me until I come pick you up. Stay somewhere safe. Lock the doors. And don't let anyone in. I repeat, anyone."

A few minutes passed as I heard my sisters shallow breathing. She was nervous and scared, but who could blame her? Fuck, I was too. I waited for her response as I got closer to my dads job.

"Okay." Alexis said. "Okay. Please come quick. I'm scared, sis."

"I know. I am too. I promise I'll be there as soon as I can. Alexis, I love you. Okay? Tell Leland Titi loves him. I'll call in a few minutes to tell you if dad's okay."

After hanging up with my sister, I stepped out of my car and ran inside my dad's work. It was eerily silent at this mechanic shop. Instead of yelling out for my father's name, I silently walked through the gaps between cars. I heard a noise and turned around quickly, finding the area where it came from empty. I continued walking until reaching the back of the shop, where the office resided.

I squirmed at all the blood on the floor. My heart physically hurt at the thought of that being my dads... Or really anyone's blood. Whomever's blood it is, definitely did not make it judging by the amount there was on the floor.

"Dad?" I called out,  quietly. I heard some shuffling coming from a door that divided the office with another extra room where the boss of my father would often be in,  doing paper work.  "Mr. Davidson?"

Seeing a wrench, I grabbed it. I at least wanted to have some sort of protection from whoever, or whatever, was inside of that room. I reached for the doorknob and slowly twisted it. Once I opened the room, I saw the silhouette of a man with his back to me. He turned around, looking straight  at me.

"Mr. Davidson, are you okay?"

There was blood all over him and some poured from his mouth.

"Oh my god." I said, as I spotted the body resting on the floor. A young woman around my age. I recognised her as  Mr. Davidson's granddaughter, Amy.

Before I could even closer  the door and start to  run away, the 68 year old man lurched at me with unexpected speed. He jumped on me, knocking me to the ground. I squirmed and tried pushing him off as he tried to bite into me. The blood in his mouth from his last victim kept dripping on my face as he snarled and aggressively clawed  at me while trying to devour my flesh. I managed to hit him with the large wrench, making him fall next to me. He kept trying to get up, growling. Without much thought, I repeatedly hit him with the wrench until he stopped moving.

I shivered in disgust, much like I had the day before. Only this time I couldn't take it, and threw up in a garbage can. The blood and gore visibly sickened me. I cried quietly to myself and decided that it was time to leave.

As I walked through the shop, I sobbed slightly.

A growling noise captured my attention and I immediately shut my mouth. Looking behind me, I was instantly pained by what I saw. My father stood there; his innards nearly pouring out of him. He growled at me and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.