I Have Something To say

I Have Something To Say

I was hurt yesterday by something that I saw. It broke my heart and ruined my entire day. Today, however, is a new day…and I have something to say.

Sitting quietly, cautiously, careful to not cause ripples in the water…does not contribute to peace. Still water grows stagnate; disease grows there. We must make waves. Waves washing against the rocks will smooth the rough edges. Waves wash away the old and bring in the new. The movement of water is a necessity of life. Our bodies and this world are comprised mostly of water. Water and the frequency it is motivated by can tame the savage beast.

Gandhi, a man of peace, did not sit by and do nothing. He took a stand. Even in Gandhi’s way; he said NO MORE. Gandhi did not emulate still water, but the waters of change.

Peace is imperative, but it cannot be achieved by sitting quietly and screaming, in silence. If there are riots all around you and you sit quietly…what did you contribute to? Being idle…can be complacent. You may not be brandishing a firearm; but NOT TO CHOOSE…is to choose.

It is our responsibility to stand up and speak out. When we fail to do this, because we don’t want people to look at us harshly…we are thinking only with our ego. Our ego gives us a false sense of security. We are supposed to maintain this Creation. To sit by and say nothing when your heart screams to do something is similar to; being given a potted plant to take care of for a month. You have the plant and you can clearly see that it needs water, and everything inside you tells you to water it. However, you decide to just watch the plant, as it withers away. We are given the responsibility of maintaining this beautiful gift of Creation. We are supposed to love it, nurture it and treat it with gentle care.

My daughter cried when the hurricane destroyed trees in our neighborhood a few years ago. She lost sleep. It literally broke her heart. What she found more disconcerting however was the fact that people made remarks similar to “it is just a tree; there are more trees that can take its place.” My daughter, my child understood this one truth …every man, woman, child, and blade of grass is accounted for. There is no one greater or of more value on this earth…than anyone else. One is not more important than the other and to think that is not true…is “The Greatness Fallacy”.