For the Dancing -Viking Time-

Author's Note: Hi guys. So this is my first update for the new year. I don't have much to say. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

It was a normal day on Berk. It was a very sunny, breezy, and beautiful day.

Hiccup woke up, feeling lazy and drowsy, not wanting to wake up very early. But he knew if he didn't get up soon, his father would come booming into his room forcing his son to awake. Hiccup sat up from his laying position and rubbed his sleepy eyes while yawning. He changed into his normal attire, a dark green short sleeved tunic with dark green leggings and boots, and stumbled downstairs, not really wanting to meet his father, the chief of Berk and the Hairy Hooligans.

As he got downstairs, he noticed that his father was missing. 'Probably off chiefing' thought Hiccup. He wasn't really hungry on this particular morning so he decided to try and find his father. Hiccup walked out of his house, closed the door, and made his way to the town square in hopes of finding his father.

After about 15 minutes of looking in the town, Hiccup still couldn't find his father. The only possible place he could be was the Great Hall. Hiccup opened the massive doors to Berk's finest building and found his father talking to Gobber, Stoick's best friend.

"Ah, Hiccup. Just the man I wanted to see" Stoick exclaimed, walking over to his son and put a comforting arm around his shoulder.

"Um, y-you were?" Hiccup stuttered. Stoick never really wanted to talk to Hiccup, unless it was about something really important, or he was being nosy and asked Hiccup about his personal life. Obviously Hiccup avoided the questions.

"Aye. I was just discussing the party we are having tonight here on Berk with Gobber here." Stoick smiled and stopped walking. He turned to face his son who had a surprised look on his face.

"Uh, we're having a party?" Hiccup asked in bewilderment. He wasn't really planning on partying tonight. Only going to Raven Point and hopefully get inspiration to draw some more, or help out Gobber in the forge.

"Yep. I have also invited other tribes to come and join. I have set others to decorate for the party. This will also be a great opportunity for you to find a wife. I'm not going to be around forever and I want to be a grandfather, so I also expect you to dress nice. We need a good impression don't we?" Stoick finished and left a puzzled Hiccup behind.

"Great." Hiccup sighed.

*At the Party*

After a long day helping out the village and working in the forge, Hiccup went home and put on his best clothing, a deep red long sleeved tunic and a different pair of dark green leggings. Hey, it was the best he had. Party's on Berk don't happen very often and the Hooligans were rarely invited to one.

Hiccup entered the great doors of the hall and was greeted with tons of people. He recognized some people from Berk and other nearby tribes, and other faces he never seen before. Laughter and conversations filled the hall, which made Hiccup happy. In the middle, there was a clearing for the people who wanted to dance. Hiccup made sure to steer clear of that era, seeing as he can't dance even if life depended on it.

He walked around the room, making small talk with some Vikings. After about an hour of doing absolutely nothing, Hiccup noticed the front doors opened up. Being curious, he glanced over to see who entered. The person who walked in was a female. Actually, the most prettiest female Hiccup has ever seen. She had golden blonde hair that trailed down her back ending at her waist, her crystal blue eyes sparkled even in the dim lighting of the room, small and faint freckles covered the bridge of her nose. She had a small petite form, small waist, slim legs and arms, and very skinny. 'She's beautiful,' Hiccup mentally thought. The blonde beauty seemed to be alone, and looked quite awkward. She moved her location to one of the corners and stood there for a while.

After mentally arguing with himself, Hiccup finally decided to talk to the girl, and probably become friends. He awkwardly walked up to her, and gave a small smile.

"Hi." Hiccup said with a smirk.

"Hi." The girl answered, and tried to avoid eye contact.

"I'm Hiccup." Hiccup replied putting his hand out to shake.

"Astrid." Astrid gratefully shook his hand and returned his smile.

"Not very fond of these things, huh?" Hiccup asked, standing to the left of Astrid, and staring out into the crowd, as she copied his action.

"Nope. I'd rather just keep practicing my axe throwing and keep training to defend myself." Astrid sighed. "You?"

"Same. But instead of training I rather go down to Berk's cove or off to my favorite part of the island and draw. It clears my head of all the thoughts I have. It makes me forget the problems I have."

"I feel the same with my axe throwing. I release my anger and stress through it." She looks up at him and gives him a smile.

About half an hour has past. Hiccup and Astrid have gotten to know each other better and shared a lot of laughs. After a bunch of cheerful music that was played by Vikings from Berk, they decided to play a slow song. The two new friends felt really awkward about it. Debating with himself for a minutes, Hiccup manned up and asked Astrid a daring question.

"D-do you want to dance?" Hiccup blushed.

"I don't really know how." Astrid chuckled nervously.

"The funny thing is, I don't know how to either." Hiccup gave a shy smile.

"Okay then."

Hiccup reached out his hand for Astrid to take and she took it joyfully. Hiccup lead Astrid onto the dance floor, and finally found an opening. Hiccup shyly put his hand on Astrid's waist and she put her shaking hand on his shoulder and connected their hands. They both started swaying slowly back and forth with the beat of the slow rhythm. Crystal blue and emerald green eyes gaze at each other the whole time.

Hiccup and Astrid swayed back and forth, their bodies close to one another's, hearts beating at the same duration. Hiccup, wanting to somewhat impress Astrid, tried to spin her. But it only ended up in Hiccup stepping on Astrid's foot. He quickly apologized and they continued dancing. The people that were also dancing to the song got off the dance floor, just to see Hiccup and Astrid dancing. Stoick had noticed too and was surprised to see his son dancing. He's never seen Hiccup so happy.

Two minutes into the song and the pair are still dancing. Hiccup kept spinning Astrid and they shared smiles and laughter. The song was about to end and Hiccup gave one final spin towards Astrid. The song ended and the couple stood there, staring at each other panting from the workout they just received and the only noise that was heard was the applauds from the audience.

Their eyes never left each others. Hiccup knew that Astrid was the one, even if they met only a short while ago. She was strong, fearless, brave, and beautiful. Astrid was feeling the same emotions. She needed someone like Hiccup, to control her emotions and even her out. In her eyes, he was handsome, smart, creative, and an extreme dork. Stoick knew the look that they were giving each other. He knew that look all too well.

"She's the one." Stoick whispered and smiled, knowing that his son has found love.