Chapter 3

Song I listened to while writing: make me a robot

-2 weeks later-

"Another pointless letter," I sighed, tossing the folded piece of paper into the gigantic stack I had already made. Hiccup sympathetically smiled, handing me another letter. "Not everyone can be accepted into examination rooms for special talents."

"Yeah but I'm probably the only one with this ability. And I don't even know how to use it!" I complained, angrily shoving the envelope away from me. I had been dreaming since I got my powers to go to that place. I wanted to feel special, and so far that place was the only one I knew of that would give me what I wanted.

"El. Say you were to get into that lab. And they start experimenting on you? You could lose your powers." Hiccup said, his voice full of concern. I avoided his gaze, setting my left elbow on the table and and resting my chin on it. He does have a point...

"You know what, I give up." I pouted, letting a large breath out through my mouth.

Hiccup looked at me for a second, before holding his hand out for me. "Come on," He helped me up and out of my seat, dragging me along the endless streets. I raised a brow when we were getting closer to his house. That's strange. He hasn't been to his house since he moved out to live in his apartment.

Hiccup used his free hand to knock on the wooden door, releasing my now bruised one in the process. I huffed, cradling my arm. "You could've just said, 'Hey Elsa, follow me!'"

He rolled his eyes, the door slightly opening up to reveal a little boy. "H-hello?" The little boy gasped, holding his hands up over his mouth. "Hicky!"

"Hey Jamie." Hiccup bent down to hug the little guy. I saw how close the two were, even after Hiccup leaving when him when he was 4. I'm surprised Jamie even remembers him.

I watched in amusement as Jamie whispered something in Hiccup's ear, resulting in him turning to face me. He chuckled, coming to a stand. "This is my best friend, Elsa. Elsa, this is my little brother Jamie."

I smiled, reaching my hand out to shake the blushing little boy's hand. He was so adorable, and his shy smile was enough to make you wanna hug him to death.

"Just do it." Hiccup laughed, pushing me closer to Jamie. I squeeled, bending down and squishing the little guy into a bone crushing hug. He giggled, wrapping his arms around me in response.

"Alright Elsa that's enough," Hiccup started, kneeling behind me and trying to detach my arm from my snuggly teddy bear. "No you will not separate me from my baby!" I finaled, tightening my grip on Jamie. I could sense Hiccup cutting hid eyes at us, as he tugged a bit on my back.

"El seriously!? Let it go!"

"NO! THAT'S MY ANSWER!" I replied, nuzzling my head into Jamie's neck and shoulder. Hiccup scoffed, wrapping his whole body around mine and pulling with all his might. But it probably didn't end up the way he expected.

"Jamie who was at the door?" Valka started, standing in the doorframe to see Hiccup's back against the floor, his legs wrapped around my waist and his arms around my neck. My back was against his chest, with a giddy Jamie wrapped securely in my arms.

Not exactly what I'd call a good way to reunite with my best friend's mother.

"Oh uh why hello there." I started, waving my fingers. Jamie shifted in my arms to face his mother. "Hi mommy!"

"Why hello to you too." She giggled, looking expectantly at Hiccup. He cleared his throat, before loosening his arms and legs from my body. "Hey mom!"