What Really Happened at The Yule Ball... - {fremione one-shot}

I felt every pair of male eyes on me as I danced to the up-beat pop music of Weird Sisters. My dress moved with me and I was constantly hitching it up so I didn't trip. 

Viktor was shimmying in front of me to which I giggled at, as he took my hand and spun me around. After two more songs, I decided to have a break and retreated to a table that was occupied by Harry and Ron. 

Harry gave me a small smile but Ron kept his expression angry. 

"Fraternising with the enemy." Ronald scoffed. 

I almost slapped him at the statement. 

"The whole point of this is to make friends, there is no enemy, Ronald!" I shouted. 

The argument carried on until I got fed up and stormed off to the entrance hall, controlling the tears that were almost spilling down my face. 

I walked into the courtyard, which was decorated with pretty white fairylights and floating mini candles. It was practically empty since there was a popular song playing inside that everyone was eager to dance to. 

I sniffled and sat down on the wall. It wasn't a moment later that I felt hands snake around my waist, making me instinctively leap away. 

"Hey, don't be like that." Said a slurred voice. 

I turned around to find Fred Weasley leaning against the brick pillar, his bow tie undone and half his shirt untucked. He had obviously ditched the dress robes. 

It was clear he was drunk, the big giveaway being the half empty bottle of firewhiskey he was clutching in his hand. 

"Don't touch me, Weasley." I snarled. 

Ugh, just the thought of another obnoxious Weasley made me sick at the moment. 

Fred hopped over the wall inbetween us and stumbled forward slightly. He raised the bottle in front of me and shook it, making swishy noises. 

"Want some?" He offered. 

I eyed him disapprovingly. 

"I'm 14." I said, shaking my head in refusal. 

"Yeah. That doesn't seem to stop you though, eh Hermione? How old is Krum? 18, right?" Fred teased. 

I was holding back sobs again, and took a sharp intake of breath. 

"Shut the fuck up." I said simply, forcing myself to sound confident. 

He looked extrememly taken aback, but impressed at the same time. "Point one for Granger." I thought. 

"Beautiful and feisty. I like that." Fred laughed. 

I could feel myself blushing, good thing it was dark. 

"You're an idiot." I said. 

"You mean thank you." He replied, unexpectedly taking my hand and leading me back behind the wall. 

"What are you-" 

"Shh." He said, putting the bottle in his hand to one side. 

Fred was standing as close as he could get to me now, and my eyes widened. 

"You're drunk, stop it." I demanded. 

"Who says I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't drunk?" He purred into my ear, making me shudder. 

Before I could object any further, the tall 6th year put one hand around my waist and the other on my cheek. 

I didn't find any use in trying to hit him, because that just made him laugh.  

His lips pressed onto mine, and my fight let up. He was soft yet eager, moving his way across my mouth like an expert. 

I quickly realised it wasn't half bad, and didn't make an effort to stop myself kissing him back. My hands were placed around his neck and I was having to stand on my tiptoes. 

He was almost lifting me off the ground as the kiss grew more intense and passionate. 

Fred suddenly (and disappointingly for me) came to a stop when I moved my hands down to the buttons of his shirt. I quickly took them away and looked down, embarressed. 

"Come back when you're 16, 'Mione. I'll be waiting." He winked. 

Fred picked up the firewhiskey and strode off back into the castle like nothing happened, leaving me repeating the words in my head and giggling.

I will, Fred.

I will.