o n e

iris valentine; december 05

"shit," i mumbled under my breath. the streets were filled, cars behind cars as i walked by the sidewalk. the heels of my booties hit the pavement, making a light noise as i walked faster, passing people on the walk. i was on my way to the starbucks a couple blocks away from my home. it was 15 minutes past four and i was still walking. i was late, like always but there's no surprise.

i made it outside of the starbucks and looked around for the familiar black car but it wasn't anywhere. i let out a breath before walking through the glass doors of the usual coffee shop.

the place was usually empty but today the lines were filled with people in breaks or for work they have to do. i looked up at the menu, and thought to myself if i should buy something or just sit and wait. my legs decided to move towards the line and order something i never tried before. 

the cliché, the iconic–pumpkin spiced latte. the line got shorter and only about four people stood in front of me. i leaned my torso on the display case filled with yummy waffles and donuts and cookies. 

oh gosh.

before i could even think about what snack to order, the person in front of me walked away and i finally walked in front of the counter, across from the cute barista. he was busy tapping on the screen to help with a customer and i noticed how fluffy his hair looked under that black starbucks cap and his –

"hey! how can i help you today?" i took a deep breath and was glad that he snapped me out of my trance. 

"i'll just get a tall pumpkin spiced latte and a glazed donut," the cute barista smiled as he grabbed a tall paper cup and wrote a few things down.

"what's your name?" he asked with the smile still on his face.

"iris." 

he hummed, and handed the cup to another barista. "so iris, you're drink and donut is five-fifty." he smiled and i nodded before handing a ten and receiving my change. "you're order will be ready in a bit." he winked and i suddenly felt my cheeks heat. 

i walked to the edge of the counter and a young girl handed me my drink and donut, "enjoy, iris." she smiled and i thanked her before walking out. cold wind hit my face as i continued to wait outside. minutes passed and my phone rang in my back pocket, tossing my donut wrapper away, i answered the phone without checking the caller i.d.

"hey baby," his familiar voice spoke through the phone.

"hey sammy, what's up?" i asked and all that was heard was heavy breathing.

"yeah, i'm sorry i can't make it today, i-uh got last minute plans with jack and the guys. sorry baby, i'll make it up to you later tonight, i-i promise." i let out a sigh, feeling my heart drop once again.

i walk back in starbucks and people started to leave. "yeah, it's fine." i say before dropping the phone from my ear and ending the call. i sit on one of the free tables with two seats and drop my half-empty cup on the wooden table. 

great. 

for the next ten minutes, i found myself constantly sipping my nearly cold drink until it was nearly finished and occasionally checking my phone for messages. then i noticed something.

the name on my cup doesn't say iris.

no.

oh god.

for the most beautiful girl i'll see today

--

hMMM

this was fun

anyways thanks for reading! i hope you enjoyed this 2nd version of the book.

i made a new version because i really didn't like how the story went in the other one and this time i really want to fix it GOOD so yeah it doesnt make sense but its happening!! 

these are going to be 2 completely dfferent stories so :-))))))

- j xx

published; january 9, 2016