chapter 1

It really feels good going back home. Sorry... I forgot to introduce myself. I am Anju. I completed my studies with flying colours and got a good job right after my studies. I have to complete my training before joining. My training will start in june. That means i have 5 more months.

"Hey Anju, what are you dreaming about?" My bestfriend Nisha asked. She looks really beautiful in her yellow salwar. She came to pick me up from the railway station since my dad and brother were unavailable.

"Nothing."

"I think you are dreaming about your marriage. I think your parents already have a guy in their mind."

"No way.... I dont want an marriage. You know that right?"

"Ya. But what is wrong with an arranged marriage. Mine is an arranged marriage. I am really happy with my marriage."

"I know that. But i dont want an unknown guy to marry me."

"Ok. Did any handsome guy steal your heart?"

"No. If that will happen i will let you know."

"You better." She rolled her eyes. We are best friends from childhood . She is a teacher in a primary school. She is married to Aadarsh, who is a bank manager

She dropped me at my house. We agreed to go for shopping.

"Hey mom...."

She is in a light blue saree with a spatula in her hand. She is a typical indian mother. She loves cooking. Her food is absolutely the best.

"Oh god.. Anju what happened? Did you eat your food properly. You lost so much weight."

"Mom please stop complaining. Are you not happy to see me after 6 months?"

"I hate having you here. Why did you come back? We were so happy without you."

"MOM....." I screamed.

"Am just kidding baby girl". She laughed.

"Where is dad and Arun?"
My dad is a village officer. Arun is my younger brother. He just started college to become a dentist.

"They went to see someone. Go change your dress and come. I made your favorite food"

"You mean masala dosa."

"What else?"

"Mom you are the best."

"I know." She laughed. I went to my room. I went to bathe and changed into a red t-shirt and a pink skirt. I am so happy. I missed my family very much. I have 5 months to spend with my family.

My dad and Arun came.

"Hey sis, when did you came?" Arun asked. He is in blue jeans and black shirt.

"About 23 years ago." I laughed.

"You know, its a lame joke."

"Whatever. Anyway dad where were you?"

"What did they say?"

Me and my mom asked at same time.

"They agreed to to come here this coming sunday." Dad replied to mom.

"Who?" I wondered.

"Your soon to be inlaws"

Hey guys, thanks for reading. I know its not good. But do you want me to continue. Just reply please. I will continue if anyone wants me to continue.