Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

                Stiles got us into the school. Scott was going to yell into the microphone in the principal’s office and see if Dr. Deaton reacted in some way. We walked in the direction of the office, our feet being the only sound echoing in the dark hallways and the only light being the flashlights Stiles and I were holding. I sighed and put my hands in Stile’s sweatshirt pockets that I was wearing. “What’s wrong?” Scott said concerned.

                “Just nervous, I guess,” I said looking around the dark hallways. Stiles patted my back.

                “It’s okay I’ll keep you safe if anything happens,” he said winking at me. I smiled and then looked at the ground.

“Hey! I’m here too! I’m the werewolf who has the best chance of surviving than any of you,” Scott said as we walked into the principal’s office. I giggled and Stiles rolled his eyes.

“Quick question,” Stiles said to Scott as he put his flashlight down on the desk. “What are you gonna do if the alpha doesn’t show up?”

                “I dunno,” Scott said quietly as Stiles connected to the loud speaker.

                “What if he does show up?” I asked putting my flashlight down. Scott shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

“Good plan,” Stiles and I said in unison.

                “You said a wolf howls to signal the position of the rest of his pack, right?” Scott asked.

                “But if you bring him here does that make you part of his pack?” Stiles asked.

                “I hope not,” Scott said quietly as he gulped. Stiles set the microphone up on the file cabinet in front of Scott.

“All you,” Stiles said as he turned up the volume on the microphone. Scott cleared his throat and closed his eyes.

                “AhhHHhhhHHHhhHhHhhHhHhh!!” He attempted in a howl. I tried to hold in my laughs, I swear.

                “Hahahahahahahaha!” I laughed. I fell to the floor and continued to laugh. Stiles scratched his head.

“What?! What’s wrong?!” Scott asked paranoid. I was still laughing on the floor. “That was a howl right?” Stiles grabbed my arms and lifted me up.

                “Technically…” Stiles said as he gave me a dirty look. I smiled and closed my mouth.

                “What?! I don’t know how to do this! How am I supposed to do this?!” I started to giggle, and eventually a snort came out of my mouth. I covered my mouth and tried to hold in the giggles.

                “If Miss Giggly over here would shut up!” Stiles said. I closed my mouth and cleared my throat. Stiles walked up to Scott and rubbed his shoulders. “Be a man. Be a werewolf, not a teen wolf. A werewolf.” Stiles gave Scott a little push before standing next to me again. Scott’s eyebrows turned in and he nodded. He took in a deep breath. Stiles started to bite his nails. Then, a noise came out of Scott I have never heard before. It was so powerful, it shook the whole building. Stiles put his body over me as we fell to the ground. Once the roar was over, Stiles got off of me, leaving his one arm around me. “Are you okay?” He asked. I nodded and he helped me up.

                “Was that fine?” Scott asked. As I stood up Stiles and I both nodded.

*****************************************************************************