Prolouge: Ariel

"He's going to kill us." Marty says as we step onto the bus.

"Why do you think we're leaving?" I ask as I sit down.

"Ari, are you telling me that you're not the slightest bit worried that our psychopath father won't hunt us down to kill us?" Mar asks and I laugh.

"You worry too much." I say.

"You don't worry enough!" Marty says.

Marty is seven minutes older than me and since our mom died giving birth to us she's always been a little 'excited' for lack of a better word. Our father is insane, that isn't bullshit. We think it happened shortly after our mom died, how he kept us alive twenty and a half years I'll never know. Probably because Marty told him what to do but I'm not quite sure.

Marty and I are identical twins. We have brown hair and crystal blue eyes. There's some glaringly obvious ways to tell us apart. Marty keeps her hair short where I like mine long. Marty has a scar above her eye and I have a tattoo and a belly piercing. Other than that we're pretty well the same.

We have decided that in our twenty first year that we were going to move to LA, not to get famous or anything but to get away from our dad. He shouldn't have been a dad lets just leave it at that. I mean we were abused and.. Yeah let's leave it there.

We're not sure why we chose LA, we were just kinda drawn there. Maybe it was the beach, we grew up in Florida after all. Maybe it was the whole vibe that LA gives off with all the rock stars, druggies, and hookers. As long as we don't end up as strippers or hookers we should survive.

"We're actually doing this, huh?" Marty asks and I smile.

"You know we are." I assure her as the bus pulls away from the station.

LA here we come!