Chapter 15

My lips formed a big 'O' after reading the slip of paper in which Mr. Collins just filled in with nasty remarks.

I turned to my right to take a look at my best friend. Britney was looking at the ground with no expression on her face.

"Brit ," I whispered and she immediately turned her head to look into my worried hazel eyes.

"Yeah I know , I just read that shit ," she said pointing to her own letter , with a disgusted face.

"She even mentioned your name in my letter !" I exclaimed with worry evident in my trembling voice.

"Wait what ?" She shouted and came closer to look at my letter.

She then gasped and I nodded my head upwards and downwards , comprehending her bewilderment.

"And on top of that , your mom has to sign that ," she stated and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Meaning she will now know that I still hang out with you. Oops ," I said and bit on my lower lip , avoiding any eye-contact with Britney.

"Oh sh*t !" She swore and placed her hand on her mouth instantly.

"I guess I'm gonna try to imitate her signat-"

"Oh no ! Don't imitate her signature , Alex ! Are you crazy or what ?!" Britney interrupted me and snapped loudly , gaining some pupils' attention in return.

Some of the several students who were present in the hallway stared at me as if I just grew another head. I tried to divert my gaze from their embarrassing stare and look at my best friend instead.

"Shhh , stop yelling , Brit ," I muttered as quietly as possible , but loud enough for her to hear me.

"Damn , I'm so sorry ," she apologized after looking at the few students and chewed on her lower lip in embarrassment.

"Hah , it's okay ," I replied and chuckled at her childish apology.

"Uh when should the paper be returned by the way ?" She asked and I shrugged as I really had no idea about it.

"Hmm how 'bout tonight ?" She suddenly asked and looked into my eyes pleadingly.

"How about tonight ?" I repeated her question with confusion lacing in my voice and a questionable look on my face.

"The f-fair ," she stammered and that was when reality hit me hard in the face.

"Damn , of course ! I'm still up for the fair ," I exclaimed in glee and smirked at my bewildered best friend.

"That's why we're best friends , babe ," she said and hugged me so tight that it made me choke.

"Meet me at the park at five thirty ," I stated confidently.

"Yes sir ," she said , imitating a soldier and laughed together with me.

The day flew by in an uneventful blur and I barely realized that we eventually reached the last period. It was Biology class and I made my way towards my classroom excitedly.

You must surely be wondering about my sudden excitement in going in class. Well , to be honest Biology is my favorite subject in school and I would neglect it for nothing in the world. Especially for that particular Wednesday where I had to do a presentation in class.

The project consisted on the respiratory system in general and I have been working on it for about four days.

I made my way in front of the class and began explaining about the different parts involved in the respiratory system. I then focused on their various functions and labeled more explanations on the white board about the topic.