Chapter 38: She's Untouchable

In the beginning part of the chapter I introduce a new type of JoLex. And no, not Jo and Alex.

(Thursday, afternoon 12:00pm)
(Cafeteria)

"This hospital is candy land" Jo Wilson simply stated the truth.

"What?" Lexie snapped her head over to her friend since college. Jo and Lexie had been friends all throughout their Med-School years in Harvard and were still friends throughout their internship.

"Stop drooling over McSteamy" Jo chuckled. "What I said was that...this hospital is candy land"

"I'm not drooling, plus what does candy land and the hospital have to do with anything?"

"By candy land I mean man-candy land"

"That is so not true" Lexie giggled, catching the attention of Mark Sloan.

"Lex, right behind you... McSteamy eye-sexing you"

"Shut up!"

"Hhm, he want a piece of the Lexie Express" Jo laughed, catching the attention of a particular second year resident, Alex Karev.

"This hospital is man candy land. I mean have you seen McSteamy and McDreamy? And not to mention Dr. Avery and Dr. Karev. Speaking of Dr. Hunt is also-"

"Stawp!" Lexie blushed. "McSteamy is mine, McDreamy is my sister's. Avery is Dr. Steven's man. And Hunt is taken by my very scary resident, Yang. So the only one left is Karev, and he's an ass"

"A piece of ass Id want" Jo smirked, making Lexie shift in her seat uncomfortably. "Speaking of, how's it going with your sister?"

"She's still ignoring me, but I'm not giving up."

--- --- ---

(Thursday late-afternoon, 2:00)
(Hallway)

"Derek I have to congratulate you, you were very focused during the surgery" Connor praised.

"Thanks, your work is pretty impressive too" Derek fed Connor's ego.

"Ellis Grey might be an important figure in the world of surgery, but she is very dear to my heart" Connor explained.

Same here, Derek thought to himself. If she's important to Meredith than she's important to me.

Derek nodded and headed outside to catch his breath. The discussion when he learned he would be working with Connor, was still fresh in his memory.

(Flashback)

"Richard what is this about?" Derek inquired.

"Derek, you know you are one of my most successful students. Right?" Webber offered a conversation.

"Yeah" Derek skeptically agreed.

"Well I have another one of my well off students here. In this hospital."

"Okay"

"And you two have to work together."

"Richard I'm still not following?"

"The student is Connor Mackenson"

"Oh yeah..." I muttered. "I know about him."

"Do you know about his connection to the patient?"

"Lemme guess, the patient is Ellis Grey?"

"Yeah" he huffed. "Derek, I think Meredith might've told you this, but I am in some way her fatherly figure. Meredith probably has informed you that she is married to Dr. Mackenson. But I think that he is still unaware of your little fling and I would appreciate it if it was kept that way, at least until Ellis's surgery is over with." He sharply spoke. "Now her being married and running away is all news to me. I had to personally page her and ask what was going on. Don't add on to her stress"

"Of course sir" Derek nodded and walked out of the room gripping the chart, that was labeled Ellis Grey.

GREAT! I have to work with the guy I want to kill. He thought to himself

--- --- ---

(Thursday evening, 7:00pm)

"Hi I have an appointment with Mr. Patel" Meredith glumly replied to the strawberry blonde bimbo secretary. Mr. Patel and Mr. Bindings owned the best law firm on the west coast, and was conveniently located near Seattle. She made an appointment sometime four days ago. She had researched law firms that specialized in divorces, and knew enough information about Mr. Patel and Mr. Bindings. They were childhood best friends and decided to open their private law firm. The story sounded similar to Derek and Mark's life. Although she never met the infamous Mark, she knew enough Intel.

The secretary showed her the waiting room, which was sophisticatedly decorated. Meredith decided to take a seat on the lavish furniture.

Waiting for divorce papers...

Divorce was the one thing she tried avoided, due to the lack of parent-ship during her childhood.

So in fanfic world, it has been a week😁 Derek and Meredith will end up together...don't worry. I breath MerDer😂

20 votes, 5 comments😉plz

-Jiji🤒