Chapter 4

Lex's POV

Stupid.

I shouldn't have said that. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

I closed my eyes and breathed out a sigh.I continued to make my way to the cellar. I hope that I'm not making another mistake by letting them drink tonight. I shouldn't even have said yes to Cassie but I can't go down on my word now. I'd rather die.

They'll only get wine though. I did promise alcohol but wine is still alcohol. I don't want my cousin blurting out all our secrets. Not when Rachel's around.

After getting a few bottles, I made my way to the kitchen. I took out some buckets and made ADI spew out ice cubes in it before I placed the wine in it. I then placed the buckets in the fridge since it's too early.

Glancing at the clock, it's still three hours before dinner. I programmed Moi and Adi to be on kitchen duty. A few of Cassie's favorite dishes and some junkfoods won't hurt. They'll just have to burn more calories before Monday.

After settling everything,I made my way to my room. I felt the familiar surge of warmth in my hand as I held the doorknob indicating that I am being scanned for security measures. The lock clicked and I went inside, the door closing on its own.

My room isn't exactly big. There's a king-size bed, a bookshelf on each side, Tig's bed on the floor, and a bedside drawer/table with a lamp. I plopped down on the bed thinking about the events this week.

I've gotten closer to her than I had ever been for the past three years. It feels amazing just talking to her and hearing her voice. I close my eyes and I picture the way she looks at me and smile. Her flowing red hair and blue eyes. Her adorable freckles on her cheeks. The way she laugh and the feeling I get whenever our skin touch.

I never thought I'd be closer to her. But it's better this way. I can keep her safer.

I reached for the remote on top of my drawer and pressed a few buttons. A small monitor slowly appeared from the ceiling. Four views were displayed; the pool, the cottage, kitchen and Ashford's residence.

Everybody seems to be having fun in the pool. The cheering squad with Anna, Steph, Mary, whose names I had just learned today, Chloe and Stacy, are playing volleyball against Riley, Cassie, Sam, Rose Jessica and Amy. I looked at the view of the bots and they were almost done in the cottage. Rachel's still eating though. I can't blame her, grilled shrimps had always been her favorite.

I pressed another button which turned all the lights off and a dome covered the ceiling, it also turned the sound system in the pool on, catching them offguard. Lights then flickered and I see everyone trying to dance while in the pool. I don't think anyone aside from Rachel noticed that I was gone.

Just on cue, I saw Cassie talking to the girls and pointing to the screen in the ceiling. They all waved and even though they can't see me, I smiled. I pressed another button and a few bots came rushing to them, a cooler in tow. Everyone huddled up and out of the pool. Cassie opened it revealing cans of sodas, ciders and two bottles of wine.

I saw her get her phone out so I reached for mine knowing that she'll call.

"Seriously, Lex? Where's the vodka and the tequila we had bought?", Cassie whined loudly through the music as soon as I accepted the call.

"Seriousy, Cassie? You guys haven't had dinner yet. You'll have it tonight in the slumber room. What else do you want me to prepare?", I chuckled as I watch her scowl at the camera.

For a moment, something caught my eye. An unfamiliar man was in the security's control room in the Ashford residence. He was wearing a black suit and grey tie, the uniform worn by the Ashford's guards. He isn't wearing the prescribed sunglasses. I don't remember hiring him.