27

As soon as I heard the engine of Luke's car start, I waited a few minutes for Maddie to come round. Once she did, I pulled her in and lead her to the living room where I had my piles of paper. "What's all this?" She asked, looking confused. "I've printed off all the evidence I could find." "Codie, if it's really troubling you this much just confront him about it." "I can't, he's run off with the boys for a few days." "Ok, but don't dwell on all this evidence whilst he's away, he hasn't committed murder!" She laughed lightly. "Have you seen this article?" I said, picking up a piece of paper and shoving it in her face. Catching a glimpse of concern I lowered my hands, "You think I'm insane don't you." "Yes!" Maddie laughed. "But I know what will calm you down!" 
She drove me back to my home, my family. As soon as I opened the door, footsteps were heard from every corner of the house for a massive group hug. "What are all you kids going crazy about?" Lisa shouted as she stepped out from the kitchen. She looked up and looked at me as I stood up from the hug. "Codie!" She cried, barging through the kids to throw her arms around me. I closed my eyes as my chin rested on my shoulder, "I've missed you all so much!" She moved me from her hold, "Somethins wrong, your eyes are strained and Maddie is looking worried behind you!" My head turned round to see Maddie, a small smile appearing on her face. The kids wanting me to play with them but Lisa said she wanted to talk to me first. She lead me to the kitchen, closing the door behind us. "Tell me everything honey, because you really are not looking yourself!"
Seeing everyone again really calmed me down but it didn't change my mind. Especially as in the evening Luke wasn't replying to my texts or answering my calls. I phoned Maddie. "You were right, everyone was right. Luke is cheating on me..."