Amelia Meets Doctor Doppler

Sophie stood on the right hand side of Arrow, wondering what this was all about – the word treasure was enough to make her worry about what this voyage was really about. For good measure, Amelia locked the door and turned to the pair, mainly Doctor Doppler. "Doctor, to muse and blabber about a treasure map... I front of this particular crew... Demonstrates a level of ineptitude... that borders on the imbecilic... and I mean that in a very caring way."Amelia scolded, Sophie gave a small wince – she didn't need to yell to berate someone's intelligence and make them feel incredibly stupid for their actions. She was thankful she never had it directed towards herself. She shared a quick glance with Arrow, he knew better than to interrupt Amelia but Sophie could see the slight ounce of sympathy in his eyes. Doctor Doppler, understandably, took offence to his intelligence being shot down, "Imbecilic, did you say? Foolishness, I've-!" He began to protest rather hotly, while Amelia glanced over her two familiars with a bored expression – not caring what the bumbling doctor had to say for himself. Sophie glanced at Jim, he wasn't jumping to Doppler's defence so either he really understood Amelia's issue or he didn't much care for his companion. "May I see the map, please?" Amelia asked, holding her hand out to the Doctor, presuming that he had it. He, meanwhile wanted to say something else as he held his index finger up vertically with a scowl on his face before backing down and nudging his head towards Amelia – a signal that Jim should hand the map over. He shared a look with the doctor, rather offended that he should hand the map over when he found it, shrugging with his hands in his pockets, one clutching the map for safekeeping. "Here." He mumbled in defeat, tossing to Amelia who caught it with expertise. Sophie's eyes widened, if it was what she thought – then it was the map to Treasure Planet! She knew better than to gawk openly but her eyes shimmered with awe.

"Hmm. Fascinating." Amelia smiled, hardly believing she was holding the legendary map, however she regained her composure and gave the spherical map a light toss as she turned her back. "Mr Hawkins, in the future you will address me as "Captain" or "Ma'am", is that clear?" Amelia asked, an authoritative tone in it as she paused waiting for Jim to answer her. Sophie watched with worried eyes, knowing Amelia expected everyone to abide by her rules or they could be left behind – it wouldn't be the first time she forced someone to leave. Jim rolled his eyes with a sound of dissent, annoyed that he wasn't going to be treated like a guest anymore. The blonde flinched when Amelia pressed the male teenager for answer, literally one step away from ordering him off the ship. "Yes, ma'am." Jim answered, for once not mumbling. Sophie was really trying not to fidget in her uniform, really wanting to change into looser clothing, maybe she could convince Amelia to let her change before the launch. "That'll do." She said, locking the cupboard and hiding the key on her person. "Gentlemen, and lady, this must be kept under lock and key when not in use." She instructed making her way to her desk, Sophie bowed her head a little – a nervous tick of hers. "And, Doctor, again... with the greatest possible respect... zip your howling screamer."Amelia ordered, her face close to the dog like creatures. "Captain, I assure you I-" He began to protest, still feeling insulted by her berating his intelligence. Amelia, still uninterested in the Doctor's protests made motion to sit on her chair, Arrow kindly holding it still so she didn't fall. "Let me make this as monosyllabic as possible. I don't' much care for this crew you hired. They're... how did I describe them Sophie? I said something rather good this morning before coffee." Amelia answered, turning to the fifteen year old blonde. "A ludicrous parcel of drivelling galoots, ma'am." She answered, feeling her cheeks burn from the attention directed on her. Amelia smirked at the memory, impressed by her own wittiness, "There you go, poetry." She smiled sweetly at the Doctor, only antagonising him more as he slammed his hands onto the desk. "Now, see here-" He began, sounding stronger with no stutter. Sophie quietly giggled, always amused with Amelia's banter – she normally didn't mean any malice behind it.

Jim wavered his eyes to the blonde, very pretty and had a melodic giggle even though it was quiet and muffled behind her hand. He did wonder why someone her age would be hired and why she was needed if at all on the voyage. She was obviously trusted by Amelia and Mr Arrow so he wouldn't dare question her in front of them. Her eyes slowly drifted to him, his breath hitched knowing that he had been caught staring and shrugged her off pretending to not be interested at all. Sophie looked at Jim, her blue eyes observing him curiously now noticing his rattail and pierced ear, he was different – not that it was a bad thing but he was cute, she found herself blushing a little. "Doctor, I'd love to chat – tea, cake, the whole shebang... but I have a ship to launch... and you've got your outfit to buff up." Amelia interrupted, rising out of her seat with a sweet but sarcastic smile on her features. Sophie bowed her head, knowing she was staring at Jim who was more interested in his surroundings than the conversation again, messing about with Amelia's equipment.

The feline straightened up, ignoring Doppler's body language of sheer annoyance. "Mr Arrow, please escort these two neophytes down to the galley straight away. Young Hawkins will be working for our cook, Mr Silver." Sophie smiled a little, happy she had someone her age to work with as she was Silver's cabin girl as well as Amelia's advisor. There wasn't much she could do since the aliens were known species and there was nothing but legends with in regards to Treasure Planet. Jim panicked hearing his name being called, letting go of the equipment he was fiddling with, turning to Amelia with one hand in his pocket, appalled that he had to help out on the ship. "What? The cook?" He repeated, Sophie rolled her eyes – this wasn't a cruise ship so he had to help out somewhere, plus he didn't exactly have the attitude to be allowed free roam of the ship. As Mr Arrow led the pair out of the room, Sophie turned to face an amused Amelia – who began to chuckle once the stateroom door was closed.

The blonde began to read over her notes, there wasn't much she could do until after the ship's launch. "Sophie." Amelia called, dropping the formalities seeing as there was no need for them, "I can tell when you want to ask me something." The blonde lifted her attention from her notes, her deep blue eyes looking at Amelia with surprise. "Um... would, uh could I change?" She stuttered, Amelia smiled with a gentle roll of her eyes, "Yes, I understand that uniform is uncomfortable, hasn't changed from my days at the Academy." The feline smirked, the blonde smiled gratefully and tidied her notes before leaving for her room. But, not before stumbling on air and tripping up a little, bashfully she shut her door and began to change into her attire – ten times more comfortable than her uniform. "Sophie! We're about to launch!" Amelia called, the blonde – who was putting her boot back on stumbled as she lost balance. "O-ok! Captain!" She hollered back, tying her boot and running out of the room – all she could do in the launch was stay out of the way and the shrouds were the perfect spot for it, forever grateful Amelia let her watch the launch. If she was with another captain, then she'd have to help so she cherished not having to. So, with a small laugh she ran out of the stateroom and straight to the shrouds, settling herself out of the way of the crew, excitement building in her heart.