Forget Me Not

I always pictured my mother as the picture perfect person until she gave up on her marriage after the accident. My Mom blames my Dad for what happened to Alison, but

I honestly believe it was a terrible accident. The divorce has it taken an incredible toll on the family, and I think deep within my Dad blames himself as well. I've avoided contact with my mom for months because I can't bear the fact that she gave up on our family so easily. I've been staying with my Dad for the time being which I prefer. My dad needs me more than anything, but he's too afraid to admit it.

"Serena can you help me out here?"

" What, oh yeah sure" My dad pulled me away from my thoughts. We recently moved into a two bedroom apartment, and we still our unpacking.

" Hey, dad can I ask something?"

" I think you already did"

" Haha very funny, but seriously. Do you ever think about accident?

" Serena, honey you know how feel about discussing what happened to Allison. We are in a new house, and trying to make new memories.Let's not discuss this now."

" Dad I'm just trying to help." My dad always avoid the discussion of the accident, but I just want to support him in every way possible.

" Well Dammit I don't want to take about ." My dad stalked up the stairs and left me to do the rest of the unpacking. Whenever my Dad gets in one of his moods is best to give him space. I hate arguing with my Dad, and I feel sort of protective over him because he doesn't have anyone else who is there for him.

*** I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. There is more to come